Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the PC3 USB on my 2004 R1 a few days ago and it worked fine. today i went to start the bike and PC wasnt getting any power.I tried it again and it fired up fine. about ten minutes later after fueling up it woulndt start...No power... then i tried it again and the PC came on for a few sec. then turned off. i checked all the connections and they all look good. Just wondering if anyone has experience this before or not. Could this be a faulty unit or am i not doing something right?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eyespy said:
Yep, there have been a number of faulty PCIIIs. Disconnect it and see if the problem recurs.
I disconnected the PC and the bike started and ran fine. i then reinstalled the PC and i am having the same problems. Going to talk to the dealer i got the PC from tommorow.At least its the end of the season!

Thanks

·
Action figure sold separately
12,213 Posts
Peeperz said:
I disconnected the PC and the bike started and ran fine. i then reinstalled the PC and i am having the same problems. Going to talk to the dealer i got the PC from tommorow.At least its the end of the season!

Thanks
You have a defective PCIII. If the retailer won't help you with a replacement, contact Dynojet Research directly. They have good tech support and will want to help you.

http://www.powercommander.com/contemail.shtml

1 - 4 of 4 Posts