Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
unleash the beast
8,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanna know what is the different basic and custom mapping...

·
Moderator - In Memorium
24,167 Posts
Read the end of my 07 dyno results thread and that might help...
Post a link when you say stuff like that. Makes it easier.

Custom mapping is when the map is made for your bike, in the area you ride in. You can get real extravagent when it comes to mapping. Racers have maps for different tracks and different seasons.

But even if you don't race, a good tuner will build a map for your bike, your mods, and your general climate etc. That becomes custom to your bike. A real good idea.

·
unleash the beast
8,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Post a link when you say stuff like that. Makes it easier.

Custom mapping is when the map is made for your bike, in the area you ride in. You can get real extravagent when it comes to mapping. Racers have maps for different tracks and different seasons.

But even if you don't race, a good tuner will build a map for your bike, your mods, and your general climate etc. That becomes custom to your bike. A real good idea.
YEAH THAT TRUE I CALLED THE SHOP AND TOLD ME THE SAMETHING...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Akrapovic Standard map

I just installed full Akrapovic Evo2 with Power Commander. I uploaded the map from dynojet pages. When I compare the Akra map to other maps from Dynojet site, it looks very lean. Has anybody else realised that? Is it too lean, should I use a different map? Has anybody compared that Dynojet Akra map to custom map?

At least at the moment, I don't have a chance to take my bike to be custom mapped.

·
unleash the beast
8,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IM going this exhaust Akrapovic Full RACE Exhaust System Slash Cut and a customs maps...

·
GvillefloridaR1
623 Posts
If you go to the dynojet website they list all people in the state and tell you their rating and what they have and can do... and also it says if they have the *free dyno run* yay!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.