Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Shut up and ride.
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I know I'm oldschool. But my laptops have evolved to not have serial ( 9 pin ) ports any longer. I had to reload a map on my PCIII non-USB after a battery replacement, and now I have no way to do it. I tried a radio shack serial to usb adapter. Not recognized. Bike on or off. I need my map for my full Micron (the surge is smoothed out for safer wheelies). :boobies

Options:
1) $150 serial port card for my laptop
2) $350+ new PCommander
3) My R1 Forum Family comes to the rescue... Priceless

:fork

Thanks

·
Registered
329 Posts
Try changing the port around for the USB port. Sometimes that will do the trick with the USB->serial adapter. Also, make certain that the bike is on when you are trying to connect to it. Actually, have it running at first. I've seen a couple of older PC3Rs have issues of not being detected by laptops using adapters when they weren't on.

·
Super Moderator
11,885 Posts
OK, I know I'm oldschool. But my laptops have evolved to not have serial ( 9 pin ) ports any longer. I had to reload a map on my PCIII non-USB after a battery replacement, and now I have no way to do it. I tried a radio shack serial to usb adapter. Not recognized. Bike on or off. I need my map for my full Micron (the surge is smoothed out for safer wheelies). :boobies

Options:
1) $150 serial port card for my laptop
2) $350+ new PCommander
3) My R1 Forum Family comes to the rescue... Priceless

:fork

Thanks
Try the serial card from Radio Shack again BUT go into your device manager and make sure it shows up and it is working correctly. You may also want to change ports it's using too.

·
I rocked in Iraq
890 Posts
I see this is an old thread.... but I had a few problems with my serial adapter as well... in the end I got a different adapter and now it works like a champ.... I only paid maybe 15 bucks from newegg.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.