Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
you can't have my last beer
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another hard question:

A user of windows 2000 wants to change the power management options so that the monitor never turns off. Problem is that she only has user access, so access is denied for her to change that option. I have an admin account that will let me change it, but the question is how do I change it for her? This is a pc that joins a domain btw.

·
Helmets SAVE lives! Wear One!!
597 Posts
My first guess would be

Create an new OU in AD
Move that computer to the new OU
Create a new GPO that is a copy of her parent GPO
Overide the parent GPO
Change the Computer GPO setting for screen saver (give the computer the control)
A little Secedit action and you should be in business.

:music487

·
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got it done...just logged on as the user, went to user accounts in the cp, it prompted for the local admin password, gave it, gave the user a local admin account, logged off and back on as the user, made the changes, deleted the admin account, logged back off and on again, all is well...pretty simple. :crash

·
Helmets SAVE lives! Wear One!!
597 Posts
EarlThePearl said:
I got it done...just logged on as the user, went to user accounts in the cp, it prompted for the local admin password, gave it, gave the user a local admin account, logged off and back on as the user, made the changes, deleted the admin account, logged back off and on again, all is well...pretty simple. :crash
That'll work too... but now she has full control of the machine.

·
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DnD said:
That'll work too... but now she has full control of the machine.

Nope, I deleted the admin account as soon as I was done. I tested it to make sure. She still can't change the power management settings, or have access to the user accounts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts