Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished powder coating my oem cans and tips today, gonna install race baffles in the stock exhaust, used powderbuythepound.com Tuscan matte black for the cans and bike black for the tips, going on a 2005 R1 raven

Attachments

· 14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,358 Posts
Looks great!

· Hope is what makes us Human.
8,541 Posts
Do me a favor...
buy this pleaseeeeeeeee!

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i finally got my baffles from A&R and installed them yesterday, they sound amazing! couldn't be happier with the way they turned out, i rode it for a couple hours and they seem to be holding up nice to the heat, i will keep ya posted on how well the tips hold up, the cans don't seem to get that hot. now for you guys asking about the process:
I started off by using 220 grit sandpaper on the cans and moved up to a 400 grit to make them smooth, i did same process for the tips but had to sand off all the factory black on the tips to get down to bare metal, then i cleaned them really good and powder coated them in my garage, i have an old electric oven i bought for $20 on craigslist, bough my powder from powderbuythepound.com and used their matte tuscan black on the cans and their bike black for the tips, the tips are very glossy and turned out great! matches the bike perfectly, here are some pics of the finished product on the bike

Attachments

· From beyond the stars
368 Posts
I agree

· 14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,358 Posts
Really good work! Looks great on the bike.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.