Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,287 Posts
Damn, that was a rough crash... Hope he heals up quick! He is a talented man.

·
Registered
489 Posts
It was scary seeing him not moving when he finally stopped tumbling. My prayers go out to him, heal quickly and completely.
Yeah, I saw the video and thought the same thing after he hit the barrier. Hope he heals up well. I really like this guy. A very talented multi faceted individual! He's a very good racer, always thinking out of the box and turns a mean wrench too! I also think he would make one hell of a team manager someday!

·
STACK PAPER, FXCK B1TCHES.
110 Posts
Glad the bike didn't slam into him, looked nasty for sure. Probably broken bones, bruises. Hopefully no internal bleeding but wouldnt be surprised after seeing that wreck. Does anyone know why he high sided? Im kinda new to all this.

·
Registered
174 Posts
....that's crazy!!!! Good thing his head didn't hit the barrier. Dammm with him questioning himself about the sports and this big accident, I won't be surprised to see him retired in very near future :(

·
Banned
3,012 Posts
Does anyone know why he high sided? Im kinda new to all this.
when you overload the rear tire with power and corner speed it will momentarily lose traction, then grab and throw you right off the bike on the opposite side. it's just physics. it happens so fast most of the time you can't hang on and you're on the ground before you have time to react.

lorenzo just did it this weekend at indy as well.

·
Registered
489 Posts
when you overload the rear tire with power and corner speed it will momentarily lose traction, then grab and throw you right off the bike on the opposite side. it's just physics. it happens so fast most of the time you can't hang on and you're on the ground before you have time to react.

Reports say that Martin fractured ribs, sternum and a few vertebra. He will also need surgery to stabilize his back. I guess he will be out for the rest of the season... Could have been much worse...

·
STACK PAPER, FXCK B1TCHES.
110 Posts

Makes sense. Thanks I saw him slide and then the bike stood up and flung him off. That is really scary yo, makes me not ever want to go ham on my bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts