Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
450 coming shortly...
7,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
pre PRE season predictions for 06-top 5??

With all the changes that are going to be going on next year,what do you predict the top 5 will be(finishing positions) for next year??

My guess:
1-Vale
2-Melandri
3-Pedrosa
4-Hayden
5-Caparossi

-Pete:thumbup

EDIT:Yeah its meant to be for 06:2bitchsla

·
too fast, and real furious!!
20 Posts
We are talking about next year which is '06!!!!!!

I think it will be something like that:

My guess:
1-Vale
2-Melandri
3-Hayden

·
we meat again
18,549 Posts
Honestly... I'm still unsure about Pedrosa... for next year I would say...

Rossi
Melandri
Hayden
Capirossi
Edwards

:corn

·
My r6 is almost here!
46 Posts
pedrosa p3? come on your giving this guy way to much credit. can't predict what the season results will be but valentino, hayden, and melandri will have a great season each taking at least two victories ( vale probably 6)

·
Biaggi:`WTF? Rossis behind me`
321 Posts
Re: pre PRE season predictions for 06-top 5??

Ozzy_R1_demon said:
With all the changes that are going to be going on next year,what do you predict the top 5 will be(finishing positions) for next year??

My guess:
1-Vale
2-Melandri
3-Pedrosa
4-Hayden
5-Caparossi

EDIT:Yeah its meant to be for 06:2bitchsla
He bro! Not sure about Pedrosa! heres the moves so far!

ALICE/NAstro Azzuro YAMAHA- Valentino Rossi
GAULOISES YAMAHA- Edwards & Stoner?
REPSOL HONDA- Hayden & Pedrosa
CAMEL HONDA- Biaggi & Checa
FORTUNA HONDA GRESINI- Melandri & Elias
MARLBORO DUCATI- Gibernau & Capirossi
SUZUKI- Hopkins & Vermeulen?
KAWASAKI- Nakano & DePuniet

I have read/heard nothin about TECH3 YAMAHA??
Nor about Tamada? , Rolfo?
And about BLATA:dunno

No signed in ink deal with Stoner & Vermeulen yet!
But there are some rides open at Yamaha maybe if they gona field 5 bikes, but i think its only 3
:dunno

·
we meat again
18,549 Posts
Tamada will still be running with Konica Minolta Honda in 2006... but they haven't decided yet about going with Michelin or Bridgestones...

·
MVP of the R1
209 Posts
MotoGP '06

I see it like this:

1. Nicky Hayden( every yr. getting better and better so next yr is his)
2. Valentino Rossi (will be leaving in '07 so the need to take risks and get to the top wont be there...will try to save himself for F1.)
3. Colin Edwards ( seeing Nicky near the top every week will piss him off so badly that he'll basically do anything within the rules to get near the leads.)
4. Sete Gibernau
5. Marco Melandri
6. Loris Capirossi
7.Casey Stoner
8. Danny Pedrosa
9. Max Biaggi
10. Chris Vermuellen
11. CornerKiller( just barely outta the top ten in my rookie season):riding

:p

·
20 Posts
Actually I also see Edwards to make the top 5.
He is strong and has passion!

About Giberau, I think he will not even make the top 5 in the 125cc. Sorry that guy has no brains, just trys to muscle his way to a win!
no chance!

·
flipper
1,278 Posts
ntm69 said:
Actually I also see Edwards to make the top 5.
He is strong and has passion!

About Giberau, I think he will not even make the top 5 in the 125cc. Sorry that guy has no brains, just trys to muscle his way to a win!
no chance!
Gibernau is a good rider but has had his confidence shot to pieces and is just trying too hard. He's certainly not in Rossi's class but is definitely top 5 and could have pushed Rossi to the wire this year if he hadn't ended up in the gravel on the last turn of the first race. Gibernau proved he's got guts and can handle the pressure as he beat Rossi twice the season before with an awful lot of pressure on him after Kato's death. I've no idea how well he'll do in 06 if the last two years are anything to go on a lot will depend on the first couple of races.

·
20 Posts
point well taken, but still I belive that given the 2 past years Sete has no way to actually win a top 5 spot!

that is my opinion!

·
Always getting faster...
1,205 Posts
I think Gibernau could re-emerge on the Ducati next year. I think mentally it will be a huge step forward for him because he really doesn't have anything to prove yet on the Ducati. He's got plenty of talent, he just can't compose himself well enough. I think he'll be very competitive next year.

Here's my order:

1. Rossi
2. Melandri
3. Gibernau
4. Hayden
5. Capirossi

I'd love to see Colin Edwards in there, but he'd need to take a big step forward to get into the top five IMHO.

·
Always getting faster...
1,205 Posts
Redrocket996 said:
Yeah you're probably right. Sete had a real chance this season and it all turned to [email protected] Next season Melandri, Hayden, and possibly Pedrosa will also be fighting for the podium.
And I just don't see Pedrosa fighting for the win right out of the box. I know Melandri has done well after stepping up from the 250 class, but I think Pedrosa will struggle on the bigger bike -- especially in the beginning. That's why he's not in my top 5.

·
450 coming shortly...
7,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
highsideR1 said:
And I just don't see Pedrosa fighting for the win right out of the box. I know Melandri has done well after stepping up from the 250 class, but I think Pedrosa will struggle on the bigger bike -- especially in the beginning. That's why he's not in my top 5.
remember that as we speak HRC/Repsol are designing a shorter frame for him:fact

With off season testing,I think he'll be in great shape for the start of the season:yesnod

PS:I still back him for top 5 this year.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts