Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen the Progressive commercials they've been running on the Speed Channel lately. " We know motorcycles" is the motto.

They go on to imply that they insure more bikes that any other insurance co. That may be so, but their rates suck. I just left them and went to State Farm. Progressive wanted $2100.00/year - no tickets or accidents. State Farm gave me same coverage for around $900.

Just bugs me that these guys run a commercial implying that they are motorcycle owners "friend"

:butt :finger :bs

·
Arr Wun.
247 Posts
If your just getting liability coverage, then progressive is the way to go. They are very cheap. State Farm wanted to charge me $450 for just liability, so i went with progressive and its only $235 a year.

But Im thinking about getting full coverage (comp, collision) and then i'd go with state farm because they only want $800 a year, where progressive wants $1700.

So maybe a lot of people just get liability coverage on there bikes and thats why progressive is # 1 :dunno

·
MY Bike Blows Me
126 Posts
i pay 700 a year for 4 bikes and they quoted me 230 a year for my 04 R1 my insurance company is EMC Insurance my 99 R1 was 200 a year so im happy with my coverage all the bikes ar 100 dollar deductable

·
I've eaten my R1
1,233 Posts
I'm ticket free, over 30, house, cars, etc. Allstate wanted 3200/year for full coverage on a '99.

Just got my liability-only bill from Progressive for a whopping $165 for the next year.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Apparently there is a huge discrepancy between their full coverage and liability only. I am over 30, house, multiple cars, ticket free; yet their full coverage rates were ridiculous.

I may check into their liability only once the 1 is paid for.

·
Off Topic mod
11,194 Posts
Man... you guys are paying out the ass for insurance...
I am glad that I can use USAA since I pay less that what you guys are paying for liability only but mine is for full coverage :rock

·
Bulldogger
5,874 Posts
Progressive sucks ass! They quoted me $3000 for a year. I have no tickets accidents whatsoever. I pay 31 dollars amonth through AAA for full coverage.

·
Super Moderator
21,669 Posts
uajeff said:
Has anyone seen the Progressive commercials they've been running on the Speed Channel lately. " We know motorcycles" is the motto.

They go on to imply that they insure more bikes that any other insurance co. That may be so, but their rates suck. I just left them and went to State Farm. Progressive wanted $2100.00/year - no tickets or accidents. State Farm gave me same coverage for around $900.

Just bugs me that these guys run a commercial implying that they are motorcycle owners "friend"

Keep in mind that the kind of bikes we ride are a very high risk
for them. Sport bikes in general are a very high risk for any
insurance company. So, once you factor in all the other types of
bikes I'm sure Progressive is #1. But, I agree and have got those
stupid quotes myself. I have full coverage with State Farm on my
'03 and pay 331.00 per year for full coverage.

·
WUZ-UP !
4,355 Posts
uajeff said:

They don't like to insure sportbikes......I called for a quote when I had my cbr and they wanted over 3g/year :scared :fire :butt Call State Farm !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts