Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Go Fast or Go Home
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the street price of the 02 R! is going to be? I'm selling current bike and plan on getting a liquid silver R1.

Anyone know?
:rock

Have a need to do stupid chick tricks:boobies

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
hehehe! Welcome aboard first of all.

I don't think Yamaha has yet revealed the price for the '02 R1... atleast not here in Sweden.

What bike do you own right now? :rolleyes:
Just curious.. as you're saying you wanna do chick tricks :D

·
one liter asphalt eater
111 Posts
2002 PRICING

As of late, the last sources in Canada have revealed that the 2002 YZF-R1 will have a retail MSRP of 14,399.
Currently, if one were to exchange that into US dollars, the amount would be exactly 8,999! Bikes in Canada are the absolute cheapest in the world. We have the least import taxation, and least government surcharges such as duty and freight.

Buy in Canada! It will save you big dough!
And yes, my 2002 R1 in liquid silver is on the way...:D

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,894 Posts
My understanding is the price should be around 10,299.00USD

·
R-1 Power
24 Posts
i got mine for 9799.00,comes in feb.troycitygarage.com
located in upstate ny.good luck on your purchase.

·
268 Posts
Does anyone know a good dealer in the Atlanta/Athens area that I should do business with? I am new to the area and therefore do not have any experience with any of them. I am looking to buy a 2002 R1 and would love some advice on who to go to. Also it would be great to see what some of you have paid for your 2002's as I know many of you have all ready put money down. Of the dealers that I have called, they basically are telling me they will pretty much go for retail or just slightly lower. The posts above lead me to think that may not be correct.

Thanks.

·
my R1 eats my M1s
53 Posts
In Seattle, I've heard some places ( cycle barn) are are actually asking 2k over msrp ( $10299) for the silver version. so make sure you shop around, you might try that bike shop @ Mt Vernon, they seem pretty cool. I live in Spokane, I got mine for MSRP with no set up fee, but, I have to wait until March to get it. Canadian bikes can be a good deal.. but there is a tax; it's like around 300 to 500 bucks; check w/ any Washington DOL agent. Remember you have to deal with metric speedo. LOL !

·
my R1 eats my M1s
53 Posts
In Seattle, I've heard some places ( cycle barn) are are actually asking 2k over msrp ( $10299) for the silver version. so make sure you shop around, you might try that bike shop @ Mt Vernon, they seem pretty cool. I live in Spokane, I got mine for MSRP with no set up fee, but, I have to wait until March to get it. Canadian bikes can be a good deal.. but there is a tax; it's like around 300 to 500 bucks; check w/ any Washington DOL agent. Remember you have to deal with metric speedo. LOL !

·
Steeringdamper?? I´m strong...
123 Posts
The price for a 2002 R1 in Sweden is set to 129 900 SEK,
thats 12 464 US$. (1 SEK = 10,4225 $)!

·
Go Fast or Go Home
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cycle Barn

CycleBarn would add anything they could to there price. they tried to jack a buddy around when he was buying his 01 929.

Currently I own a 00 VFR for those that are curious.:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts