Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Former R6'er
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm new to the board and I hope that this is in the right section. I had an R6 for several years and sold it back in '04, but now I'm looking at a new 2007 R1. Since the '08 are already out (or going to be released VERY shortly) what do you think is a fair deal on a '07 R1 from the dealer?

I'm looking at a silver/black R1 or a red R1. I live in the midwest if that helps.

thanks in advance.

· DOWN TO RIDE
3,766 Posts
Hi,

I'm new to the board and I hope that this is in the right section. I had an R6 for several years and sold it back in '04, but now I'm looking at a new 2007 R1. Since the '08 are already out (or going to be released VERY shortly) what do you think is a fair deal on a '07 R1 from the dealer?

I'm looking at a silver/black R1 or a red R1. I live in the midwest if that helps.

thanks in advance.
I AM ALSO ON THE MARKET FOR THE NEW 07. I SPOKE TO MY LOCAL DEALER
AND HE QUOTED ME 10G'S OUT THE DOOR. BUT HE SAID ONCE WE ARE WORKING WITH MONEY AND READY TO BUY HE'LL SEE WHAT DEAL HE CAN WORK OUT, HE ALSO DID MENTION THAT IT WILL BE UNDER 10G.
MIND YOU THAT I WILL JUST BE BUYING THE BIKE AND DOING ALL THE PAYPER WORK MY SELF UNLESS HE GIVES ME A GOOD DEAL OUT THE DOR WITH TAXS , REGISTRATION AND ALL. WE'LL SEE COME 1ST WEEK OF JAN. THAS WHEN I WILL BE BUYING THE BIKE. OH YEA AND ALSO I WILL BE PAYING STRAIGHT UP CASH. THAT HELPS A LIL TO.
ILL KEEP YOU UPDATED WHEN I BUY THE BIKE.

· Registered
82 Posts
I AM ALSO ON THE MARKET FOR THE NEW 07. I SPOKE TO MY LOCAL DEALER
AND HE QUOTED ME 10G'S OUT THE DOOR. BUT HE SAID ONCE WE ARE WORKING WITH MONEY AND READY TO BUY HE'LL SEE WHAT DEAL HE CAN WORK OUT, HE ALSO DID MENTION THAT IT WILL BE UNDER 10G.
MIND YOU THAT I WILL JUST BE BUYING THE BIKE AND DOING ALL THE PAYPER WORK MY SELF UNLESS HE GIVES ME A GOOD DEAL OUT THE DOR WITH TAXS , REGISTRATION AND ALL. WE'LL SEE COME 1ST WEEK OF JAN. THAS WHEN I WILL BE BUYING THE BIKE. OH YEA AND ALSO I WILL BE PAYING STRAIGHT UP CASH. THAT HELPS A LIL TO.
ILL KEEP YOU UPDATED WHEN I BUY THE BIKE.

10 g's dont sound too bad. I'm from the midwest, and that sounds pretty fair to me.

· DOWN TO RIDE
3,766 Posts
10 g's dont sound too bad. I'm from the midwest, and that sounds pretty fair to me.
YEA BUT I KNOW I CAN GET THAT LOWERD
I WAS TALKING TO HIM WITH OUT MONEY IN HAND BUT COME FIRST WEEK OF JAN IM A BE GOING TO HIM WITH 9,500 CASH & SEE WHAT WE CAN WORK OUT. HE DID TELL ME ONCE I HAVE MONEY EVEN TO JUST PUT A DEPOSIT THEN WE COULD TALK NUMBERS. SINCE I DIDNT HAVE MONEY AT THE TIME I SPOKE TO HIM HE QUTED 10G'S. BUT BEFOR I LEFT THE SHOP HE PULLED ME TO THE SIDE AND TOLD ME HE CAN DO A PRICE UNDER 10. WE'LL SEE COME FIRST WEEK OF JAN

· DOWN TO RIDE
3,766 Posts
MATTER OF FACT IM A BE GETTING THE SAME ONE YOU HAVE THE RED 07 LEFTOVER AT THE DEALER
CANT WAIT IM BUYING MY SELF THE ULTIMATE X-MAS/BIRTHDAY GIFT:flex: :rock

· Draggin chest hairs since 2008
1,319 Posts
I seen em go for as low as 9KOTD for 07's - GREAT FUKKIN DEAL IF YOU ASK ME!!!

I got my 08 for 12,200 OTD

10K OTD seems fair but if you can get it for less more power to you. Just make sure the ECU is fixed before you leave the dealer.

· Former R6'er
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I seen em go for as low as 9KOTD for 07's - GREAT FUKKIN DEAL IF YOU ASK ME!!!

I got my 08 for 12,200 OTD

10K OTD seems fair but if you can get it for less more power to you. Just make sure the ECU is fixed before you leave the dealer.
I'm looking at one for $8700 + TTL but I think I can squeeze a couple hundred dollars more since it's basically dead weight on their showroom floor.

What's this ECU problem you speak of? thanks.

· Draggin chest hairs since 2008
1,319 Posts
You can run a search for a detailed explaination of the ECU problem. But from what I understand there is a "lag" or throttle delay at 5,500RPMs. Check this video out. http://youtube.com/watch?v=2FW8yMaYu9w

It can at times be dangerous, but mostly its just annoying. Good news is most dealers are fully aware of this problem and it is fixed for free under warranty.

· DOWN TO RIDE
3,766 Posts
You can run a search for a detailed explaination of the ECU problem. But from what I understand there is a "lag" or throttle delay at 5,500RPMs. Check this video out. http://youtube.com/watch?v=2FW8yMaYu9w

It can at times be dangerous, but mostly its just annoying. Good news is most dealers are fully aware of this problem and it is fixed for free under warranty.
when i mentioned THE ECU PROBLEM TO THE OWNER OF THE DEALER HE TOLD ME THAT WHEN THEY PREP THE BIKE TO LEAVE THE STORE THE SWAP OUT THE ECU TO A 08 ECU SO ANYBODY THAT GETTS A 07 LEFT OVER FROM THE DEALER SHOULDNT HAVE THIS PROBLEM. AND IF IT STILL HAPPENS THEN TAKE IT BACK AND HAVE THEM SWAP IT

· You just got passed by a chick
283 Posts
I got mine on Dec 20th 9600 OTD :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.