Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry I am new at the forum and using my phone so I don't know how to use this yet. I have a 2014 YZF R1 with less than 2000 miles and I am having a big hesitation between 5-6kit like pulsates heavy with a lot of jerking. I live in Florida and it is like when the motor get up to temp 190 or so it gets worse. I have never Heard about this happening before and was wondering if this is a common issue with this year model bike? Sorry for being such a newbie in here. Thanks for any help you can provide.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you flashed your ECU? Most likely that will take care of the problem you are describing. :yesnod

www.superbikeunlimited.com

www.ftecu.com

Right now it's at the dealer and they have run all kinds of test and they can't see the problem. But they do feel the issues. They have Ben talking to yamaha tech support and I'm just trying to make sure there not trying to screw me in any way. They took my ecu off my bike and put it on a 13 they had with 1700 miles and that was even worse than what my bike was. They said that they could still feel the same jerking and hesitation from the bike with the 2013 Ecu in it but they did not have me test that one in my bike.

· Zombie R1
52 Posts
Do the fuel line mod and then get back to us
we have took apart 6 diffrent r1 bikes ranging from 09 t0 14 and have yet to find a kink in any of the pipes .. plus its all how you lower the tank and reset the pipe . i really dont think its a very good idea to install just rubber fuel line with screw clamps . your fuel pump puts out 40 to 50 psi . the stock lines have quick connects with locks for a reason . personally if you do find a kink in the line go to your local yamaha and buy a new line lot safer . and then read the services manual it will tell you how to reset the line properly .

· Astronomer not Astrologer
11,162 Posts
Nothing wrong with replacing the fuel line as a LARGE number of us have had to do because of very kinked fuel lines:fact

Anyway, it sounds more like a tune issue to me...does it have any mods to the exhaust? Or a PCV with "O2 optimiser"...?

· R1 Forum Star
16,242 Posts
we have took apart 6 diffrent r1 bikes ranging from 09 t0 14 and have yet to find a kink in any of the pipes .. plus its all how you lower the tank and reset the pipe . i really dont think its a very good idea to install just rubber fuel line with screw clamps . your fuel pump puts out 40 to 50 psi . the stock lines have quick connects with locks for a reason . personally if you do find a kink in the line go to your local yamaha and buy a new line lot safer . and then read the services manual it will tell you how to reset the line properly .
The fuel line still retains the connectors. And I know far more than 6 that have had a kinked line. Mine included

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.