Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
New to the R1 cult!
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
Sadly this is going to be my first post. As soon as I actually have my newest bike in possession I'll introduce myself but I've got a quick request!

I've been looking around for places that might list common problems with the 02-03 R1 incase there are any. I am familiar with the 2nd gear transmission problems on the earlier YZF's, according to the seller it does not show any signs of such problems (The bike is 180 miles away, so I can't test drive it easily)

Is there anywhere that I can look (link) to read up on possible problems? I've spent a good hour googling it and have not found much at all...maybe I'm just a terrible googler!

THANKS!

·
New to the R1 cult!
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the link

but I will no longer be purchasing the 03 R1. The guy who had it, 's girlfriend got pissed at him, pulled out of the garage with her raised tahoe (I live in wisconsin) while the bike was parked outside of the garage infront of the truck...and I'm told ran the thing right over.

Idk if this is the truth, but that's a pretty funny story to make up non-the-less.

So I'm picking up the R1's rival (don't hurt me) a 04 ZX10R Orange on weds. I understand if you never want to talk to me again. :vanish

·
I'm an Englishman in WI.
33,910 Posts
Well at least that isn't as bad as you previous 04 GSXR ! :yuk:
J/K good luck with the new bike and you can still hang around here, it's a fun place to be regardless of what you ride. Plus it's nice to have another WI rider on here :thumbup

·
New to the R1 cult!
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well at least that isn't as bad as you previous 04 GSXR ! :yuk:
J/K good luck with the new bike and you can still hang around here, it's a fun place to be regardless of what you ride. Plus it's nice to have another WI rider on here :thumbup
hey I loved that GSXR! haha, I racked up 21K miles on it over the period of 13 months so it was time to backout before the resale value completely slaughtered me

You guys seem like good people from what I've been browsing over...maybe I'll stay off stuntlife for a while LOL :dundun:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.