Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
'16 60th Anniversary "Pikachu"
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike arrived 02/23/2016, picked it up 02/25/2016. Was stock only for the dealer's showrooom and no more than 5 minutes when it touched base on my driveway. Had parts arrived a couple of days prior to the bike's delivery.

yes I am short and the way the seat is on this bike makes it feel taller than the 09-14. I'll be getting the ecu flashed asap.

Dara

·
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks good. Saw you got the blipper too.
Thanks! Yes I have the blipper, just need to flash my ecu asap before installing it.

Very nice ! ! ! . . . . See it Chuckwalla next Friday???? ;o)
Wish I could, but I already have plans for that weekend.

Rear cowl and gb covers come in and went right on the bike within a matter of seconds. I dislike how Yamaha deleted the keylock on the rear cowl and had to mate it with bolts.n Now I have to ride around with my paperworks and tire pressure guage when it could've been in that small compartment with what was an easy access.

Dara

·
Registered
226 Posts

·
Greenfield, MN(55357)
1,168 Posts

·
The law is grey
978 Posts
I went with evotech because they matched my bar ends and frame sliders (also evotech). Woodcraft is excellent as well. Cheap insurance if you ask me.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thanks Guys!,,Looks Like Woodcraft :)

·
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got these little necessities in yesterday and threw them on right away.

will be installing the FTECU auto blip later today. ECU is in transit to @superbikeunlimited for flashing.

Dara

·
Registered
73 Posts
Got these little necessities in yesterday and threw them on right away.

will be installing the FTECU auto blip later today. ECU is in transit to @superbikeunlimited for flashing.

Dara
Let me know what you think of the SBU flash when you get it back! I had mine done my them and it's quite amazing!

·
Registered
319 Posts
I would definitely recommend Woodcraft. But I'm biased. I went with Woodcraft after almost everyone on here recommended them. They have the best design in my opinion and their customer service is great. I have Lightech chain adjusters and wasn't sure if Woodcraft's rear axle sliders would fit with the Lightech stuff. I looked for pictures of 2015's with Lightech chain adjusters AND Woodcraft sliders with no luck so I gave Woodcraft a call. I spoke to a guy by the name of Waylon who was honest and said that he wasn't sure about fitment of the rear axle sliders with Lightech gear. Waylon offered me a great discount on the rear axle sliders to check fitment with my Lightech stuff and report back. As far as my experiences go Woodcraft has great products and even better customer service, two things that are hard to come by. Thanks again to Waylon over at Woodcraft!

·
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just got done with installing this nice little fine piece. Just patiently waiting for the ECU back from SBU.

Dara

1 - 20 of 89 Posts