Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
'16 60th Anniversary "Pikachu"
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Hi Dara...you need the FF rear caliper bracket and I have one....:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey Ruben! As much as I've been looking into those, I decide not to go with that caliper bracket because I want the 84mm underslung. Then again only problem with the 84mm underslung I do not know if it will work with the FF QC setup since I don't see any threaded holes on the bracket to utilize the FF QC kit unlike the 64mm or the one you are trying to sell.

Dara

8,258 Posts
Hey Ruben! As much as I've been looking into those, I decide not to go with that caliper bracket because I want the 84mm underslung. Then again only problem with the 84mm underslung I do not know if it will work with the FF QC setup since I don't see any threaded holes on the bracket to utilize the FF QC kit unlike the 64mm or the one you are trying to sell.

Dara

Well you can always make the threaded holes for the 84mm bracket...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Finally installed the 39N Racing Engine Case yesterday. More other parts will be installed sometimes this week as well.

·
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Nice build man!

Are the blockoff plates required? Cannot I just disable AIS in flash tune and call it a day? Saving 2ozs ain't worth the pain to install the plates.

Also, are you talking about this line that you plan to replace ez-grip with?
Yamaha R6 (2008-16) X-Line Tank Wrap - YAMAHA - Products
Thanks! From what I recall from other FT users, you can disable the AIS through FTECU and not install the block off plates. I just like to take things apart, explore, and mod things so that's why I did it.

As for the tank grips, yes that's the one I am referring to. The Eazi-grip has and still is doing a great job with me, but as mention later down the road I will try out the X-lines when I feel that the support from Eazi-grip is no longer as sufficient. I know hustlehardracing.com runs those X-lines on their bike so you can probably get it through them. I don't work for nor am i promote them but I follow their page on Facebook and Instagram so they sure post some pretty nice stuff I am eager to spend some bucks on.

Dara

81 - 89 of 89 Posts