Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not looking for fingers pointed saying it’s absolutely not necessary blah blah but I would like to hear advice from both sides.
Handing is wanted but so is laying down power. She lifts a little too often cuz I’m a light rider so would it be worth lowering the front n rear each by I’m thinking half an inch?

·
Venom X/O
23,863 Posts
Are you laying on the tank as best as possible? Lowering the front is going to load the front, and you will see a noticeable change in turn in with a 1/2” drop. Have you thought about an aftermarket traction control system with wheelie control?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes power wheelies when i get aggressively into the higher rpms which is expected. I’m about 155 lbs. About half an inch, just throwing an example maybe a little less. I don’t go on track days so my focus is on digs and rollers (road racing). I lay on the tank as best as possible plus the tank grips I’ve got help make sure of that. I’ve heard even dropping the front by a few mm’s makes for a dramatic change. Any input is appreciated and sought after.

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you lower the front and rear all you will achieve is the whole bike will be lower with out changing the actual geometry of the bike. Raising the forks in the clamps is what you’re looking for , try 4-5mm don’t go too far too fast as the front will get more likely to headshake the further through you go, make sure your sag is correctly set before you make any changes, for some unknown reason most riders think it’s done for you from the factory

1 - 5 of 5 Posts