Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
Assuming the rear?

...easier to wheelie, faster acceleration, harder to control, lower top end....there is more...

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
Search...

But ok...i'm nice and tired of wating for the litlte blue line to cross the screen. Stock, the bike goes say 180mph...meaning the rear wheel is spinning at a certain rate. you make the sprocket bigger....you get more leverage to turn the wheel, but it takes more "room" to get one full turn out of it. Eh...that's not good. Take a bicycle for example. Leave the front gears alone...and only change the rear. Put the chain at the biggest sprocket...real easy to turn the wheel right? But you can't go that fast...(gears)....but then put the chain at the bottom....goes real fast...but harder to get it going.

You are changing the gearing of the bike....I'm sure you have seen people already post quesitons about speedo healers and what happens when they drop a tooth up front...come on man.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sabian said:
Search...

You are changing the gearing of the bike....I'm sure you have seen people already post quesitons about speedo healers and what happens when they drop a tooth up front...come on man.
no not really, that's why i ask questions to try to educate myself, so i won't have to ask "stupid questions" in the future.

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
Ahh...education is good...you can do this by searching as well. A lot of these kinds of topics have been covered quite often.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts