Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
has any one heard of this boots? of has any one bought a pair? What do you guys think? do you like them? I'm between this of the alpinestars supertech. Feed back please.
look at the 1000 model
here is the link.http://pumamotorsport.com/

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
No idea.

But I have that exact helmet in your avatar.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool man! I love this helmet. how do you like yours?

·
INVICTUS
14,881 Posts
has any one heard of this boots? of has any one bought a pair? What do you guys think? do you like them? I'm between this of the alpinestars supertech. Feed back please.
look at the 1000 model

I like the look of the new boot , and judging by looks alone it looks like it could do the job of protecting. I've seen two reviews on them and both reviewers commented on the pliability of the sole being an issue for riders who like to rest the ball of the foot on the outside of the pegs. They said that after brief stints on the track it bothers the foot because the peg is jabbing into the bottom of the boot and starts to hurt. The other issue recently was that they said getting in and out of the boot was a ritual. I have a pair of AXO RS7's and I've been through two pairs of Alpinestars SMX Plus boots. I'm satisfied enough with both but have also had problems with both boots.

I'd have to say though that if I needed boots right now I'd probably give these a try. Or maybe I'd just get a pair of Supertech's.

P.S. They also said the inner flex plates on the big toe are metal and tend to scratch the frame or swingarm if you're not careful.

·
I SeE ClOwNS
3,149 Posts
i saw guys with them they say its good quality but its pricey around 500 i belive . I only saw it in Ducaty NYC. looks good

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
Cool man! I love this helmet. how do you like yours?
Not to bad...Arai is pretty much all that fits my oddly shapen head, so I have little choice to try other thigns. Thankfully, it's a great helmet, and from what I understand if I ever have to test it out, it should do just fine as well.

·
Premium Member
13,935 Posts
I have a mate who wears the 1000 model Pumas and loves them. I tried them on and they're very comfy and feel massively protective. I'm just not sold on the looks or the price but then quality protection very rarely looks nice. Take the Daytona race boots. God-awful looking IMHO but you can't deny they work :fact

·
It's gotta be Asian!
211 Posts
look at the 1000 model
I would check out the new A* Supertech R boots, they have improved the already fantastic Supertech boot with the R model. I have Supertechs and am looking at getting the white Supertech R boots, they are fairly comfy and you can replace the inner boot if necessary as well as the heal plates. See attahed pic and link below, they come out January 08.

http://www.motostrano.com/supertechrboot.html

Attachments

·
R1 Addiction
16,591 Posts
love the looks of the 1000. especially the one in black.

·
Louisville-Sportbikes.com
1,763 Posts
I have the Sidi SB2's and their the most comfortable boot Ive ever worn..... There have been a few days I have actually worn them into work for 9 hours and never thought about them......

·
NOVICE
1,080 Posts
boots look great and im sure they will do the job. as far as the sole not being thick enough, well my frank thomas boots are like that. its hurts after a while from having that peg go into your foot but its not so bad once you get used to it. it provides good peg feel though, and i think thats why they do it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The other issue recently was that they said getting in and out of the boot was a ritual.
I went to a local Ducati Store where they had the boot in stock and asked if i could try them on, but after trying for about a min to get them on, I gave UP. To hard to get them on. the guy was real cool and offer me to try on some SIDI boots. I have to say that those are some real nice boots, very comfy, easy to get in and out. I loved how you can adjust the calf area to fit you. How would the Alpinestars compare to SIDIs?? any feed back would be apriciated

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The same guy at the duc dealer was telling me how Alpinestars gear sucks. What you guys think about that??? I love my Smx jacket

·
Louisville-Sportbikes.com
1,763 Posts
The same guy at the duc dealer was telling me how Alpinestars gear sucks. What you guys think about that??? I love my Smx jacket

I think dude is crazy to say A* is junk. The boots may not be as comfy as the as others but all the gear is top notch. The only trouble Ive heard anyone talk about the A* boots is they squeak to much but a little wd40 is all ya need..... Ill never buy another pair of boots other than Sidi......

·
R1 Addiction
16,591 Posts
+1 on the Sidi boots. picked up a pair in March and they are great. can't imagine i rode for so long without a pair.

·
My R1 is faster than yours
1,505 Posts
sidis are sick im just stuck with having huge calves so the only boots i have found that have fit have either been crap or alpinestars

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good to hear everyone likes sidis. I l really liked how they fit, so i think i'm going with the sidi myself.

·
Save the Wrld from bad design
468 Posts
I have the SIDI Vertigo Corsa's.. They look cool, have great features, but damn it, they aren't comfortable. a. they are narrow for the regular foot b. the material inside is irrating after several hours, c. for having a suspension system, there is still a lot of twist in the boot.

The Puma 1000's. VERY Comfortable for the same price. Did I say Comfortable, They have an anti twist suspension system. You can hold them in your hands and you cannot twist them like you can the SIDI's. You can wear them all day.

IMO, Honestly, until the Puma's came out, SIDI had the coolest looking boots, Yet with all that we are buying them for, PUMA beats out all of my other track boots.

·
My R1 is faster than yours
1,505 Posts
ive been looking at those pumas cuz i beat the sht out of my supertechs last season and need some new ones. i have really huge calves so i cant fit like any boot... these pumas might be what im looking for

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.