Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bulldogger
5,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas, I have tons of entire albums downloaded to my hard drive. Problem is, when I burn them to disc it reads as one huge file. When I play them it does not read the diffrent songs and is impossible to scroll through the music. Also, many of the albums are longer then the 80 min or whatever the lenght of the recordable discs are. This means I can't burn them at all. I know there's gotta be a way to solve this???

·
Bulldogger
5,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
come on now.

·
You will die alone
1,063 Posts
How did the files get to your hard drive? Are you backing up your CDs or downloading them? If they were recorded as one big file, then that is how they are going to show up when you burn them. You need to record them differently or find another download spot. They need to be ripped/recorded as individual songs. This is done BEFORE you burn.

·
Bulldogger
5,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Helix007 said:
How did the files get to your hard drive? Are you backing up your CDs or downloading them? If they were recorded as one big file, then that is how they are going to show up when you burn them. You need to record them differently or find another download spot. They need to be ripped/recorded as individual songs. This is done BEFORE you burn.
Right, I understand they need to be broken up before I burn. But how? I downloaded them from the net as one big file"complete album". Is this possible? I know I could download each song individually, but I have lots of complete albums that are downloaded as one file.

·
You will die alone
1,063 Posts
ok that is going to be a problem. There is no way to split it up into separate pieces without some third party software, or maybe Micro$oft video editor if you have the XP operating system. I've not delved much into video/sound editing, but maybe someone can point you in the right direction. You might also could do it with some dvd editing software. Your best bet is to start downloading individual songs. It would be a HUGE pain in the a$$ to have to go in and edit all your albums to show individual songs. Talking about a lot of time involved figuring out the time spot to start/stop each song. gl

1 - 5 of 5 Posts