Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
wh00p!
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked to a local dealer and I think I will bet putting some money down. The otd was a lil over 10k.

I told him that I would put $500 non refundable, no prob.

One thing that stuck me was he said that they wanted 2k, in the next 2 weeks, something to that extent.

I don't want to pay that much for a slip of paper? Plus I would rather just pay it all off when I get the bike. Anyone else dealers asking people to do this?

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
nope... find a new dealer

mine only wanted a $100 deposit and matched the best price I could find on the internet

·
THEY CALLED ME SWEETNESS!!!!!!
6,538 Posts
That sucks. Why pay for something you're not able to take delivery of right then and there? :confused: My dealer accepted a $100 REFUNDABLE deposit, and the balance is due when the bike arrives in February. The only downside is that I'm being charged full M.S.R.P. :cryin

·
Banned
163 Posts
my advise "" dont believe the hype and slow down.." dont give any dealer shhit. why?? cause just like 02 they will tell you all this b.s about availability.. its only to get your money.. if you are willing to travel.. i promise you when the 04 comes you can find one sitting on the showroom for sale.. its not a custom.. and although everyone is riding the 04's dick now.. once a few hit the floor. it will slow down. then you can get a better deal and not risk your deposit lose.. i speak from experience.. i lost $300 in 92 &100 in 93 ****ing with deposits.. jap bikes are plentyful. you just ave to call around.. be smart. i have the first 04 silver coming at my dealer and i got it on just my word.. but i am a repeat customer .

·
OUT4FUN
132 Posts
mine told me they would be selling them for msrp and wanted a 10% down deposite to hold one for me... i guess i fell for the hype but there are a lot of riders down here and i want the first silver one that comes this way...

·
Banned
163 Posts
crash harder.. i think you can be the first ...just hold on to your money .. plus msrp sucks you can get that bike for cheaper. they know you are anxious .. & anxious = $$

1 - 6 of 6 Posts