Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FOREVER ON MY GRIND
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw the pics of Venomoussvt's 04 w/ the graves cans. I think that the Graves cans are the best effort so far...but the sons of b*tc#es are too long by about 1.5'' to 2'' So now if you look at the pics of his bike mainly dsc05.jpg(I know I should have just attached the file) is there a way to modify the lenth of the pipes where they attach tto the cans? I see that you might have about 1.5'' to 2'' at that connection point to play with. Someone let me know if this is at all possible and if so how.

·
Banned
9,570 Posts
gbro1201 said:
I just saw the pics of Venomoussvt's 04 w/ the graves cans. I think that the Graves cans are the best effort so far...but the sons of b*tc#es are too long by about 1.5'' to 2'' So now if you look at the pics of his bike mainly dsc05.jpg(I know I should have just attached the file) is there a way to modify the lenth of the pipes where they attach tto the cans? I see that you might have about 1.5'' to 2'' at that connection point to play with. Someone let me know if this is at all possible and if so how.
I agree, the Graves are ugly and way too long. :fact Wait for the other manf. to release their options in pipe choices. i.e. Akrapovic...........:yesnod

·
Registered
782 Posts
See Ti-Force, very similar pipes (probably the same!), but I believe shorter cans (they are 15").

You wouldn't want to cut the pipes - if you wanted to modify the Graves, I guess you would remove the end cap, cut some off of the rear of the can and reattach the end cap. Probably would slightly increase high rpm HP with some small loss at lower revs. But, if you cut the cans to 15" (same as Ti-Force) you should endup with the same power profile as the Ti-Force! But, they would probably be slightly louder.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I thought that at first about the graves. But here is why I made my decision to go with them. They are GRAVES...We know about graves and yamaha so there is no need to go into that. Who better to make pipes for it then them. After getting and installing them they no longer look to long or anything like that. They look THE BUSINESS and that is all. The fitment, quality and certainly the SOUND make it money well spent. I get compliments all the time on them......I like the Ti-Force secondly but GRAVES are SERIOUS......

·
'01 Gixxer 1000 to '04 R1
122 Posts
i went with the graves and love them. if you were too have a shorter can like the gyter or ti force your tail lite and and plastic will turn yellow from the exaust gases. this is what i have heard dont know for sure just something to look into

·
Wheres the eject button?!
566 Posts
Mazzella04R1 said:
. . .if you were too have a shorter can like the gyter or ti force your tail lite and and plastic will turn yellow from the exaust gases. . .
If this is the case wouldnt they turn yellow with the stock cans?:dunno

I like the looks of the graves cans as well, but dot like how they stick out that extra bit.

·
Burying the speedo!
364 Posts
I went with the Graves full system too. No one who has seen the bike has commented on the pipes being to long. Everyone says the bike looks great and the sound is simply awsome. I did have to start wearing earplugs however!

Power is way up. I'm going to take it to a dyno later this month and see what it will do. I am very happy with my Graves full exhuast...

jack

1 - 9 of 9 Posts