Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
When in doubt throttle out
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2007 R1 and I am looking in to getting a yosh 3/4 system or the leo vince. What are your opions? Do you gain any by removing the butterfly? Or Smog plates? I am looking to gain the most power. I already have the power commander. Also do you prefer the bar end mirrors over the stock and do you see just as good with the bar ends?
Thanks Aaron

·
Reckless
631 Posts
I have CRG bar-end mirrors on both sides and I see out of them better than the stock mirrors. I have Akrapovic slip-on exhaust with Akrapovic catless midpipe on my 07, the smog block-off plates only help reduce the popping sound from the exhaust and help maintain a consistent Air/Fuel ratio when tuning the bike they don't make power. I have them on my bike with the powercommander and K&N air filter. The bike pulls very nice.

Here is a pic of the bar-end mirrors.

·
18x HP literbike killer
3,774 Posts
With a good full system and the custom map for your bike, you will see big gains in the mid to upper RPM range, but will require a very good tuner and some money....I rather spend on brakes and suspension/trackdays, but if money is no issue at all, go for it...

·
HiHo Silver
402 Posts
With a good full system and the custom map for your bike, you will see big gains in the mid to upper RPM range, but will require a very good tuner and some money....I rather spend on brakes and suspension/trackdays, but if money is no issue at all, go for it...
it requires a good tuner and money? I gained what I was looking for with the pc download map "free" wee

·
R1 Addiction
16,591 Posts
it requires a good tuner and money? I gained what I was looking for with the pc download map "free" wee

yea that can help and you probably lucked out, but you can always do better with a custom map for your bike.

·
18x HP literbike killer
3,774 Posts
Yeah you definitely lucked out brotha, DynoJet maps usually suck...but if it worked great for you, cool....

I would still put it on a dyno , make sure it's not too lean...

·
I'm slow,but i may not be last
132 Posts
Heard tat Leo Vince are infact a Race pipes, juz tat some of them have silencers in them.Dunno whether it's true or not.

·
Pro Bench Racer
19 Posts
If you want the 'most' power, go with a full system. You already have a PC so you will get the most gains over a slip-on. I have a full-system Graves on my '07 and am glad I did over the slip-on. More money, but when you look at slip-on, y-pipe, and full, not too much of a difference. Do what your budget can handle.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Check out the akrapovic web site. They have dyno charts for both the full and slip on systems. The full system has a significant advantage in the mid range. Getting rid of the cat also cools down the leg area a bit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.