Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question: Once the bike is flashed, if something were to go wrong and I reflashed the bike back to stock... Is that change able to be tracked by a dealer?

I ask this because in the newer car game the dealership can see a log of all changes to the tunes of the car so flashing it back, swapping ecu, etc. is not possible without the dealer knowing if they care to look.

TIA,

Mossburg

· Registered
286 Posts
Following. Because I have the same thought.

My idea of plan was to just buy a spare ECU and flash that one then keep original ecu in original format to if or when I'd need to swap it back so that the ecu would match up with the bike.

· Registered
68 Posts
Following. Because I have the same thought.

My idea of plan was to just buy a spare ECU and flash that one then keep original ecu in original format to if or when I'd need to swap it back so that the ecu would match up with the bike.

Have you priced an ECU?If so, what is the cost?

Never mind, I looked it up on cheap cycle parts dot com, $745 and some change there, not sure what msrp is. Def more affordable than Ducati ECU, but still pricey for a warranty back-up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.