Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my first leather jacket. We are in SC, and I have always used the Joe Rocket Ballistic mesh jacket. Watched a buddy go down with his mesh jacked on and the jacket did not hold up worth a crap, so I decided on leather this year. I will have to put up with the heat. My question is, how long does it take the jacket to loosen up. It is extremely stiff right now, but I have not made it out on the bike yet for a test ride. Thanks for the help, here is a pic of the jacket I got.

Josh

Attachments

·
Do I really need a title
1,034 Posts
The leather will loosen up, just give it some time. Nice jacket

·
In Da Hood (Ft Hood)
454 Posts
Sweet Jacket... Buy you some leather conditioner or Saddle Soap and it will help speed up the process.. About 4 times wearing and mine was broken in...

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
99taws6 said:
Sweet Jacket... Buy you some leather conditioner or Saddle Soap and it will help speed up the process.. About 4 times wearing and mine was broken in...
Do you just get it at wal-mart, or do I need to go to a Tack shop for the leather conditioner? I appreciate the quick response. Four times sounds good for loosening up though. Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
21,669 Posts
Were it around the house a few hours each night. Your body
heat will help it to loosen up some.

·
Premium Member
18,760 Posts
I was thinkin about running on the treadmill for about 30 minutes with my new leathers and boots. Think it's a good idea?

·
PWN3R
1,364 Posts
wear it when you take a shower too

·
_
82 Posts
awesome jacket, were did you get it, and how much did it set you back?

·
Banned
536 Posts
It may not loosen up all that much. I hope you dont think it will actually get larger. You kindof want the jacket to be form fitting but wearing it around the house is a good idea. It will get you used to the feel and weight of the jacket so when you ride you wont think about it and keep your mind on the road where it belongs.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
my friend has that same jacket it is really nice his got really big. go to target, walmaret etc get lexol or zymol leather conditioner and put some on. that jacket is made by hein gericke who makes awesome gloves to go w/ it on sale here for 69 bucks kangroo hide check them out

1 - 12 of 12 Posts