Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, im new to the forum and its my second post, i recently totalled my raven 6 and am lookin into buying a 1. i wanna buy my bike used and found a seller. the guy says lets go through TradeitSecure.com! The site is basically a third party escrow thing where i pay them, he ships the bike, i have couple of weeks of inspection and if i like it, i accept it and the escrow company pays the seller.
thing is ive never heard of this site, if you guys have any input about them or ever used them please let me know if its B.S. or if i can trust them.

thanks in advance

·
Blue ones faster
674 Posts
I've never heard of it. I have heard of Escrow but thats the only thing I would ever use. Make sure the Escrow is not FAKE there are some people making fake sites ect.

If it were me I wouldn't do it, but thats just me. I don't like the idea of a bike being shipped to me.

edit: Like they say, "if its too good to be true, than it probably is".

-Suda

·
Long live the King
37 Posts
It's probably a scam. If the escrow company isn't legit then you will never see the motorcycle or your money again. Find a reputable escrow company that YOU trust and tell the seller that you want to use them instead. The seller will probably make up some lame reason why they can't use your escrow company... then you'll know it was a scam from the beginning.

·
Long live the King
37 Posts
Well, I just Googled "tradeitsecure" and the results don't look good. Check out this site on fraud http://www.carbuyingtips.com/fraud.htm

If you search for tradeitsecure.com on that page you will find it listed in a section titled "Suspicious" escrow sites we are currently watching, and you should avoid as of November 3, 2005:" with about 1,000 other escrow sites.

The escrow company is a scam, the bike is a scam and doesn't even exist. Keep your money, forget about the bike :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts