Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Regarding the exhaust...does anyone have any complaints about excessive heat by your right knee? I read somewhere that this guy had to point is right knee outwards while he rode the 04 R1 because it started burning his knee after the bike has hot.

p.s...I saw a silver R1 today at a dealership in Lancaster, PA..but it went out the door to a guy as soon as they finished prepping the bike. Dealer said that was the only silver one they were getting. He said he'll have a red one and a blue one in next month.

Thanks for your input, guys!

·
R1 2FEAR
610 Posts
I read the same thing and I am not having that heat problem.I have spent some time in town at lights ect.had the temp in the 220 range lots of times but never felt the exessive heat.ask me again this summer when its over 100 outside you might get a diffrent answer.One thing that is very noticeable is at a light when the fan kicks on you will feel the heat comming out of that baby,but I bet the older "1"is the same.I came off an r6 so I feel alot of diff.

·
Wheelies for boobs!
3,936 Posts
The bike itself runs very hot.... but after 1000 miles I have not had a single issue with heat from the exhaust. Maybe the complaints are coming from the shorts and sandals crowd...:dunno

·
Driving the Big Brown Truck
1,706 Posts
RUFFSTUFF said:
Maybe the complaints are coming from the shorts and sandals crowd...:dunno [/B]

:lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
The only heat i have noticed is my seat area gets a little warm. Nothing that is bad but I can notice it. on the freeway though it goes away.

·
Self Appointed
736 Posts
sheggie said:
The only heat i have noticed is my seat area gets a little warm. Nothing that is bad but I can notice it. on the freeway though it goes away.
You must have accidentally left the heated seats on, the switch is right next to the one to flip your brights on. :fact

:sneaky

1 - 6 of 6 Posts