Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
I'm wheelie nuts
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to when you guys placed your orders. I got my money down on the 5th of November. My dealer was only getting one in silver so I'm glad I went when I did. I would think it would be very difficult to get one now.

P.J.

·
Registered
313 Posts
hey whats up, the place where im getting mine is getting 6 of them. ive got the first one in massachusetts.;) i put my money down a month ago.

·
Registered
313 Posts
pjf

im sure there getting more than 1 silver. a guy tryed to say that same shit me me when i went to another place. they say that because they want you to put your money down on one. sad, but true, so i went somewhere else that was honest. or it could be that the people that work there are taking a few of them, they ride too. :confused: jerks.

·
I'm wheelie nuts
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know, I would be inclined to believe that possibly the dealership was getting more than one in silver but I'm not sure. I didn't really mind paying in advance though. When something special like a fuel injected ass kicking machine such as the 02 R1 comes along it pays to be there early!!!:rock :rock :rock

P.J.

·
something like a pimp
598 Posts
I have heard that the fuel injection on the new R1 is really throttle body injection. Was explained to me that it is similar toa carb, but with jets and float bowl replaced with 2 injectors. Not the same as one injector per cylinder in the intake runner. Anyone have clarifiaction on that one?
:p

·
Registered
313 Posts
who care that thing is the most beautiful thing ive ever seen. rock on pjf, post some pics when you get it. i will too. im hammered happy new years everyone.
:puke

·
R-1 Power
24 Posts
I put mine on order on 10-1-01,i also live in mass.I ordered my bike in ny though.I get it the first week in feb.I only paid 9799,good luck riding.

·
Hooligan
195 Posts
I ordered mine in October. I went to two dealers. The first was getting one blue and one red. The blue was sold. I went to another dealer. They were getting 10, but all they sell is Yamaha. That makes a difference on their allocation. They were getting 4 in silver so I bought one. A friend of mine who went to the NYC show with me called that same dealer yesterday to buy one and they are all sold. The salesman doubted whether they would be getting more after the first 10. The '02 R1 hasn't even hit the market yet and no magazines have done a write up on it yet. Just wait until the rest of the world finds out about it.

I'd say if you can find one at list price now, buy it. The FZ-1 was selling far higher than list by late spring last year. That is if you could find one. Obviously, there will be people who back out on their deposits so put your name on a list anyway. That's what my friend is doing and he will probably get one.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
I put my money down the end of October. I ordered mine from a dealer in Chicago I paid 9150. They said they have 150 on order. This shop deals in large volume on everything. They had a 180 GSXR 1000 last year and sold them all before the end of the season.

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Hey SmokeEater.. is that you? you look kinda pale. Is that because you're scared of the R1 underneath you? :D just kidding! :p

I think that those "reflex" are going to be good.. they will limit the number of accidents. They shine up like lights in the photo.

·
Hooligan
195 Posts
I was a little freaked because I just watched some idiot drop an R6 on the floor. You can see the skinny armed, pinhead in the picture trying to lift it up.

Those reflectors are the first thing that I take off. The next is cutting that butt ugly mud flap off.

All bow to the almighty Dremel.

·
I eat my R1
136 Posts
ahhh... i forgot when i put down my deposit!!! gotta go and call the dealer right now!!!

·
I should be Riding.....
147 Posts
i went to a few dealers around my area. one dealer ordered 60 bikes and is only receiving 20. another is only getting 6. they all wan t full retail. i put a deposit on a silver in december....it was their last one.

·
Silver Stealth Pilot
163 Posts
I live in the UK and I paid full RRP of £9299 otr. Getting my liquid silver stealth fighter 1st week in February. Guess the following will have to keep me busy till then

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/media/02r1/02r1_stream.htm

I cant stop watching it over and over!!

PS. shopped in a 996 for it in November. Any advice on different riding styles? Have owned loads of Jap 4's before but never one so powerful or as light.

Fly

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Welcome aboard Flystar :hellobye :butt

Well. the R1 is VERY sensitive and powerful. If you haven't own something near as powerful I suggest you to sell the bike. LOL :lol just kidding. Just be careful when accelerating hard in 1st.. the front rather goes skywards than going fast. :)

Almost the same in 2nd.

·
Grip it and rip it!
662 Posts
Hey SmokeEater,

How'd that thing feel? It looks awesome...Could you get a test ride? NC dealers will let you after you fill out the paperwork, but they can't seem to get a bike. The MotoRags are sucking butt getting a ride and info out. You must be 6'2" or taller I hope, or the bike is getting really tiny. :mad:

I'm going to have to see the thing in person, but it is my next bike, unless some dribble comes out about next years being ram-air. :not

All in all awesome to ride one, and the new bodywork is really growing on me...:crash

:butt Later Dudes!

·
Hooligan
195 Posts
I saw the bike and said "ooooooooo" and then I sat on it and went "aaahhhhhh". I'm not too sure what they changed with the ergos, but it felt perfect to me. I thought the R1 was good before, but this just felt a little better. The clipons seemed a little better. The seat looks thin but is actually very comfortable.

By the way, I didn't hate the US stock turnsignals. I think the Euro ones look better but ours are ok.

·
GO FAST!!!!!!:-)
26 Posts
Hello

Nice price u get 'over there'.
in norway it cost ca 18000 usd:ugh

I'm moving!!!:blah

1 - 20 of 29 Posts