Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
III
103 Posts
Maybe, I am from WV and before I could get all the paperwork together, I had to go to my insurance agent to get proof that I had insurance on the bike. I had to give the insurance company the VIN of the bike and a payment. My bank needed copies of everything, especially proof of insurance. In WV when you are financing a car, bike, etc, you must have full coverage. I am not sure what the law is in your state. May want to ask some of the guys in FL, they are experienced with this stuff and I am sure that they can give you some good advice. You can get a lot of good opinions and suggestions on this board.

·
i dont ride fast, i fly low
1,642 Posts
well my bank wanted me to have full coverage. so i did, for about a month, showed them the proof, the next month i went to liability, insurance is the biggest scam in the world

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,870 Posts
Maybe, but it is generally a universal rule. Anyway, I wouldn't take a loan on a bike if I didn't have it insured. Would sure suck to be making big payments for a binned bike...

*edit* Actually for smaller loans, some banks don't require full coverage (I think at my bank it is like $5k or less)...

- BA

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
yeah I think just about everywhere you gotta have full coverage I only borrowed 3500 for mine and I still had to have it I would have it either way though:fact

1 - 8 of 8 Posts