Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

New member here with a question about a 2003 Yamaha R1 I am looking to purchase. Saw a listing for a 03 R1 with under 1000 KM for less then 5000$. Looks like a good deal but want to make sure that I am not being taken for a ride :)

I know to check the usuals like chain, sprocket teeths, forks, handle bar ends, pegs and tires.

The deal sound like it's too good but can't say until I see the bike. Anything else I can check for?

Thanks!

· Registered
1,600 Posts
sounds like the gauge got swapped, find out how many people owned the bike, and ask for paperwork for service records. u might be able to call yamaha and get that info if you can get the vin number. usually shops record the odo miles after doing maintenence. hope this helps.

· The south roads are best roads
19,677 Posts
Agreed as probably a dash swap. If it does have stated km then I bet all rubber parts are dry rotted and you would need to do a full inspection of every piece and part to have a good feeling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.