Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Live ur passion
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm gonna spend some more bucks for some upgrades for my babe, the '08, but still have some questions in mind before setting off. Mine is now with akra y-pipe, 2bros M2 cans, iridium spark plugs and KN air filter, everything else is stock
1) Need the FI tuner, I'm considering the Bazzaz ZFI TC, which has everything in one device, my riding style is just daily commuting, sometimes riding over 180kmh, never do racing, so do I need the QS and TC ? I love the sound of clutchless shifting but I also heard that the QS is a quick way to kill my spark plugs, is that true ?
2) Do I need to change anything (shift rod, rearsets, ...) for the installation of Bazzaz QS and TC ? or everything comes in hand within the box of this device ?

· Registered
608 Posts
I prefer the Bazzaz over the PC because you can get the Bazzaz with a QS (comes with it's own sensor and rod) and the software Bazzaz uses for the autotuner is really easy to use and user friendly. Never heard of a QS killing spark plugs.

· Live ur passion
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So the ZFI TC has everything in-hand, ready for installation, no need for getting any other things, thanks for the confirmation, fisher
I heard that QS helps cutting off the ignition for smoother shifting, which may harm the spark plugs' longetivity, and many advised if I only use the bike for commuting, no need for QS and TC

· Registered
608 Posts
So the ZFI TC has everything in-hand, ready for installation, no need for getting any other things, thanks for the confirmation, fisher
I heard that QS helps cutting off the ignition for smoother shifting, which may harm the spark plugs' longetivity, and many advised if I only use the bike for commuting, no need for QS and TC
I believe so, but don't quote me on that because I've never looked into the unit with TC. I don't track my bike so never found much use for the TC. The ZFI / QS is ready to go save for the Z-AFM you'll need if you want to use the autotune and tune the bike yourself. There are several videos on youtube showing how easy and user friendly their software is.

The QS does work by cutting ignition timing, but still not sure how that would affect the longevity of the plugs. Maybe fuel build up with just the ignition timing being cut? Would be really minimal I would think.

I mainly use my bike for fun / commuting as well, but after riding a bike with a QS and without is all I needed to know I wanted a QS even for pleasure riding.

· Registered
651 Posts
Hi all,
I'm gonna spend some more bucks for some upgrades for my babe, the '08, but still have some questions in mind before setting off. Mine is now with akra y-pipe, 2bros M2 cans, iridium spark plugs and KN air filter, everything else is stock
1) Need the FI tuner, I'm considering the Bazzaz ZFI TC, which has everything in one device, my riding style is just daily commuting, sometimes riding over 180kmh, never do racing, so do I need the QS and TC ? I love the sound of clutchless shifting but I also heard that the QS is a quick way to kill my spark plugs, is that true ?
2) Do I need to change anything (shift rod, rearsets, ...) for the installation of Bazzaz QS and TC ? or everything comes in hand within the box of this device ?
We sell both the Bazzaz and the Power Commander. Bazzaz now has the ability to interface with your smart phone using Bluetooth!!

Dave

· Live ur passion
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe so, but don't quote me on that because I've never looked into the unit with TC. I don't track my bike so never found much use for the TC. The ZFI / QS is ready to go save for the Z-AFM you'll need if you want to use the autotune and tune the bike yourself. There are several videos on youtube showing how easy and user friendly their software is.

The QS does work by cutting ignition timing, but still not sure how that would affect the longevity of the plugs. Maybe fuel build up with just the ignition timing being cut? Would be really minimal I would think.

I mainly use my bike for fun / commuting as well, but after riding a bike with a QS and without is all I needed to know I wanted a QS even for pleasure riding.
We sell both the Bazzaz and the Power Commander. Bazzaz now has the ability to interface with your smart phone using Bluetooth!!

Dave
Thanks Dave and fisher !
Hi Dave, can u unveal the myth that I'm facing about QS ? Does it do any harm to the firing/timing ignigtion or spark plugs?

· I RACE U LOSE
4,145 Posts
If bike is only used for commuting the QS and TC would be somewhat of a waste, but the TC could come in handy for riding in foul weather though. If TC & QS are not being utilized regularly , having something added to the bike that could possibly fail doesn't make sense IMO. I would suggest just getting a PC V or Bazzaz ZFI and a custom tune or one of their 'autotuners'. Edit: I have the Z-AFM and it does work great to create a 'custom tune' rather easily.

· Live ur passion
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank u all for the very helpful advice, I know what to go now. ZFI TC for the upgrade will be an awsome change to the bike and rider's joy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.