Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· back to the world...
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am in the garage..(ttok a break to type this) and need help with the lower "dog bone" on an r6. it is the same as the r1. my question is how to get the bearing out of the link. i am installing an adjustable one for the ms. help please??? will check this in a few miniutes... she says i can post :)boobies ) when i get the bike done. should be totally done in a few days hopefully...

· Premium Member
6,305 Posts
for those that do not know what this is...

"It is a heavy T6061 piece shaped like a "dog bone" that replaces your handlebar upper clamps. It adds substantial rigidity when using handlebar riser extensions. "
(shown in photo above)

· No stunts and no posing!
1,863 Posts
Swedie said:
for those that do not know what this is...

"It is a heavy T6061 piece shaped like a "dog bone" that replaces your handlebar upper clamps. It adds substantial rigidity when using handlebar riser extensions. "
(shown in photo above)
Swedie,

The "dog bones" are not anywhere near the top triple clamp and have nothing to do with the handlebars or handlebar risers...

Scott

· No stunts and no posing!
1,863 Posts
Re: and here is all of it

shrake said:
anyone??? anyone???
Shrake,

The bearings are pressed in and need to be pressed out or banged out with a hammer and an appropriate sized "driver". I doubt you have a hydraulic press in your garage so you will have to drive them out with a something....

Scott

· Premium Member
6,305 Posts
oh.. sorry about that.. I screwed up.

like winders said. use force to take off the bearing. You can also use a long screwdriver that you insert from the top (inside the hole) and gently hit the bearing on different locations on and it will eventually come off.
It's sitting there.. HARD.

· back to the world...
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
got 1....not too bad

i got one out...i ues a 17 mm craftsman socket to tap it out, the socket lined up perfect around the edge of the bearing and inside the bone. hope it goes in the new one just the same?? DO I HAVE TO TELL ANYONE THAT THIS PLACE ROCKS!!! :jump

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.