Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Wants an '04
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was Inturace (finally remembered after searching all over the web), but they don't show them on their site anymore.

rdandy, I thought of doing it myself. You just drilled holes in the stock bolts and then hogged out the holes in the seat enough to slide over them? What about the tank bolt -- did you do that one too?

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
well I "hogged" (lol) out the holes a little yes, but then I had to make spacers so I cut off the shoulder of the grommets that USED to go in the seat, used those as spacers.

Then I had to drill the holes WHILE they were screwed in, or it may not be at a 90 degree angle. I screwed the holes at a little bit of an up/down angle, so it ould be easier to remove the clips.

Then I had to bend the fugg out of the clps to get them to go on and come off easily.

It's pretty trick though because you don;t even really need the clips, the seat pops onto the bolts like buttons, snap. The clips are just for extra measure.

It's a little too much work but they are truly custom made and work better then anything aftermarket.

I didn't do the tank one, because I rarely take my tank off, and there's also 2 bolts under the side panels you have to remove. So unless you do all 3, you need an allen wrench anyways, and you need a philips screwdriver also to remove the side panels....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts