Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I like turtles!
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Researching for a new helmet this summer. I currently have a HJC that's been great but its been years and I'm ready for something new. Any opinions on a quality/quiet helmet. I say quiet because my previous helmet was like wearing a wiffle ball around your head going 60+

Dealer recommended an Icon Airframe and Icon Airmada. Both felt good on my head. Opinions?

·
Registered
286 Posts
My wife has the AGV K3. She likes it. Light as heck, which is nice...but its just too sharp at the chin for me.

·
Nevermore
1,040 Posts
You can find Bell star helmets on close out for close to $300.

·
4,347 Posts
Make sure you understand what you're going to be getting with a "quiet" helmet. Naturally you're losing airflow when you lose sound. More airflow means it will of course be louder. The Bell Star is not a "quiet" helmet but is by far the best bang for your buck in regards to a quality helmet with some of the BEST airflow on the market.

Just make sure in your search, you're realizing what you are compromising and gaining with noise vs airflow.

·
Never too old to let 'er rip
86 Posts
I recently picked up this Shoei for myself and the same model, but different graphics for my wife:

Shoei RF-1100 Motorcycle Helmet - Pious

It's comfortable, but I won't have a chance to try it on the bike and see how quite it is until spring. I liked my last Shoei (that I had about 30 years ago), but not as much as the Arai I bought right after that. I looked for an Arai this time around, but found a better deal on the Shoei.

Attachments

·
The law is grey
978 Posts
Just wear ear plugs and Get what ever helmet flows the best, is the lightest, has the coolest graphic, has the most protection, has the pin lock, photochromic shield, etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts