Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey r1 boys.

i just wonder if anyone can say about dyno figures of our 2004 stock r1.I dyno mine at 3000 km and i just want to know what happens on horserpower on 10000km and after ....I dont know about our short stroke machine power when km grow more and more..... anyone?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1st dyno: completely stock bike(dunlops, with semisynthetic shell, fuel 98+,i took off the mettallic catalyc) at 2850 km

dyno result: 151.8 hps

2nd dyno: (michellin pilot power tyre,oil change at 10000km with mobil 1 full synthetic 10/40,oil filtre change,clutch discs change with ebc disc-i fried the factory discs..- fuel 95+)
weather: the same as the first dyno.
my babe write 147.3 hps.

I aso notice a little different at top speed.
before it was writing with esy way 290 and then counting
now this happens at 280.

i didnt make the spark and filter service,(owners manual write for this at 13000km).
i think there is a problem.
anyone?????:( :confused:

·
7 More Days 'til the '09 Debut
888 Posts
No two dyno runs are ever going to be the same no matter what. If you're really worried about it then dyno it again and see where that puts you. I wouldn't expect a gain in HP with increasing mileage; I would expect a loss, but I haven't got personal experience with that. . .simply my opinion, an opinion share by most (if not all) engine builders/racers. It's because of the loss of power over time due to wear on components that race engines are rebuilt so oftern so that they continuously perform at their peak capacity.

·
R1 KICK ASS
81 Posts
with more milleage the compression of the engine reduces so the hp will reduce a little bit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts