Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have just brought my first Yamaha r1 2019 which got stolen 12h later got it back had naked wires every where give it to a electrician to fix it got it back couple hours later looks in order now but when I try to start it to shows the key sign I really don't have the money for new parts does anyone know how to bypass it it will really make my life easier.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Buddy I don't know about r1 but this is what I did when i lost my keys to my xmax 400 to remove the front cover u will see 2 fuse boxes the one on ur left when the bike is facing u removed the nuts had to bring it out a little then the second wire from the top and the second wire from the bottom on the orther side of the fuse box where the wires r in make those wires naked a little add a new wire connecting both do not cut just connect them with a extra wire that's done then I had to remove the whole front where the ignition is well mines was smart key system had to remove that circle thing cut all the wires and just connect red and red that's it to switch it off disconnect the red wires am not sure if this is the same with r1 but it might help

·
424 Posts
oh boy; it run thru computer too.

they come with two keys and programing key-like thing. programing key is used to make new key at dealer

very sophisticated and complex system

someone sells key less ignition too - google it

·
Registered
11 Posts
Man I took it already to some electrician he toke 200 pounds I don't know what the f!ck he did except couple tapes stuck on the bike and I work on weekends and my bike takes me there or walking it 1hour 30mins I don't have any local dealers nearest one is 2 hours away that's a pain in the a!s wrost of all they r closed for the weekends please please could someone help me 😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥😥

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't mind bringing the bike to you as long as ur no more then 2 hours away thanks a lot I have the keys it just won't start it cranks but no start

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Damn we r both lost if you any trusted dealers let me know please r1 lover and I will let you know if I find anything

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks God yeah it started working it was that hidden fuse and I don't know any dealers or anybody how could help you but thanks a lot for tha

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Please guys does anyone know how to fix if not remove disable break what ever the ecu immobilizer something like that I just want my bike running again help help help please please please thanks

·
Racing4Fun
14 Posts
Hi,
Maybe the cable harness wasn't fixed correctly. Checked the full harness, especially where it comes from the ignition lock going to the ECU. If you can't find anyhting, I doubt that you can solve the problem without investing any money. I assume they as well damaged the antenna in the ignition lock. You can do an ECU flash (e.g. Flash-Tune). There you have the possibility to program out the immobilizer. Works well, I did the same for some race bikes (R1 2015 & 2018). ...and you can get some extra horse power by removing some limitation caused by emmission laws. At least you get an extra for the invested money.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys I have just brought my first Yamaha r1 2019 which got stolen 12h later got it back had naked wires every where give it to a electrician to fix it got it back couple hours later looks in order now but when I try to start it to shows the key sign I really don't have the money for new parts does anyone know how to bypass it it will really make my life easier.
Hi I’m so sorry to hear that I truly am
I had my 2007 fireblade stolen last year on the 28/12/19
It broke my heart
We work so hard for these bikes that mean so much to us for some parasite to take it Iwould have done anything to have caught them in the act.
I’m new to this R1 forum and I just wanted to say I can’t help you but I’m glad you got your bike back.I wasn’t so lucky?
Mine was not insured at the time and it only lapsed by 3 weeks but insurance is so important as are alarms and tracking devices.
This is my first time also to speak on a forum and because I can relate to your situation I just wanted to wish you all all the best.
Regards and Ride safe and &@!?off all thieves karma will have its way.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts