Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has been under a cover, started monthly, came to put it on bench and give it some tlc and battery was flat, jumped the battery from a car one used often and I have no digital display, tacho stuck at 6 thou, no spark, cranks over fine and strong, lights work, neutral works, new fuses, dashboard is clean and dry, mint condition Inside.
I did remove a datatool 3 alarm years ago, but has been used for years , any pointers on hidden fuses or anything would be great,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Make that x2!
I went out to my 07’ R1 tonight, it lives outside under a cover for now and is a bit damp but all the main plugs are bone dry no fuses blown. Despite being on a battery tender it didn’t turn over as well as it should and after three attempts it wouldn’t even fire then I noticed the tacho was stuck at 12500 rpm and no display at all!
Went out and bought a new yuasa battery and now it starts fine but my dash display is totally blank, tacho won’t move from 12500, no speedo and I can’t even access diag mode...

I had a similar thing happen to it years ago where the tach wouldn’t stop bouncing to random numbers or would stop working and a new battery fixed it that time (and I noticed the optimate wiring plug was shorting..)
If anyone has an answer I would really appreciate it!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts