Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Chuck:

ONE other thing does the slipper clutch affect the effort to pull the lever ??? IE HARDER OR SOFTER pull i have a damaged left hand and after a few sessions on track my hand hurts for days !!! i dont think i could manage a heavier clutch lever ive also been told that there is a sort of dwell on the lever can you clarify LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR ANSWER

MARTIN C whats your take on this one

martinc:

chuckh,your bike is a sexy biatch!

There are 2 models of those STM slipeprs I think?

1 which retains the diaphragm spring and 1 with individual springs?

chuckh,I"m digging for something to make the clutch easier to actuate;we can maybe shave off 10-20% of the effort required,we just have to find the clutch actuating bracket (the one connected to the shaft on which also connect the cable) from a TDM850...its a bit longer...more leverage,less effort!

martinc:

I was told its part # 3VD163401100 for the Yamaha TDM 850,but its an European part #......

chuck:

MARTIN C What a Top Bloke you are!!!!!!!! your efforts realy are appreciated (hehe,had to save that one!)

chuck:

MARTIN finaly got round to ordering that part today i will be with me early week i will try it out and let you know how it goes if it works i will send one over to you no probs!!!

martinc:

Great

When its in,just send me a PM with where I have to send the dough!

·
Banned
31,561 Posts
there is a kind of delay feeling when you 1st pull the lever, like its got too much slack at the adjuster (which of course it hasn't) but you get used to it and dont notice it. i also ditched my piano wire and replaced the 1st thin fibre plate with a wider "normal plate. the pull feels no harder than stock.:hellobye

1 - 3 of 3 Posts