Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have always had CBR600. I have been wanting a 1000cc for a long time now and honda liter bikes just werent calling my name. So I went and looked at the 2014 R1 matte grey and fell in love. I like they way it looks already, however, I am looking to add a little color to it. I was thinking red accents such as angel eyes, levers, and tank pad. Only concern is the gold rims (no plans on changing rims to much $$) any and all suggestions greatly appreciated.

· 14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,358 Posts
paint would be the cheaper option... Powdercoat would be the best option but also the biggest hassle as you are without parts for a few days most likely... The powdercoat option will surely hold up better against the rocks and what not that's going to be hitting them :fact

· Registered
515 Posts
OP, either swap someone for a set of OEM's in the color you want or wait until the 15's get delivered and pick up a set of mags for the low...if cost is a concern then get in touch with Justin at SBU for a set of RK Excel forged wheels for under $1700...you can sell your OEM wheels and end up with a net of $1400 or less into new wheels

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OP, either swap someone for a set of OEM's in the color you want or wait until the 15's get delivered and pick up a set of mags for the low...if cost is a concern then get in touch with Justin at SBU for a set of RK Excel forged wheels for under $1700...you can sell your OEM wheels and end up with a net of $1400 or less into new wheels
Not a bad idea thx:dundun:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.