Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i'm a newb and i'm about to get a 2001 R1 from my cousin, i've enver ridden a biek before, and i heard that r1's are pretty damn fast..... sooo do u guys think i shoudl take this bike? or get a smaller biek to start out...so lets rephrase this... do you think it woudl be easy for me to learn to ride on a 2001 R1?

·
Love my bikes
5,915 Posts
aznJ said:
Hey everyone, i'm a newb and i'm about to get a 2001 R1 from my cousin, i've enver ridden a biek before, and i heard that r1's are pretty damn fast..... sooo do u guys think i shoudl take this bike? or get a smaller biek to start out...so lets rephrase this... do you think it woudl be easy for me to learn to ride on a 2001 R1?
You should start with a small and low power bike.
If you never even rode a bike before you'll probably won't even be able to ride the R1, but if you do you'll probably get killed in no time. (I sure hope not, of course)

So lets rephrase it..... If you don't have any experience with a bike, don't get an R1.

Good luck

·
Registered
8 Posts
New to riding and you are going to get a litre bike. .. What's wrong with this picture, :2bitchsla Show that you have some brains and steer clear of that bike. .

·
Roaaar
1,419 Posts
Been a while since someone pulled that prank .. it's not original anymore dude, it this the best you can do? :2bitchsla :D

/me votes for public IP in sig's :finger

*edit* But you obviously tricked a few :eek:wwn3d

·
My R1 eats my shorts.
110 Posts
You will prob kill or maim yourself if you ride this as your first bike. Honestly, I REALLY wouldnt recomment anything above a 600 for beginners. You can always sell it and move up when you feel comfy. Try a yzf600 if you want something sporty, then maybe a gsxr1000 next, I hear they are gettin pretty slow these days! LOL
Really, stick to the 600:thumbup :thumbup

·
HighRider
699 Posts
BlueMustang said:
You have got to be kidding. Take the MSF course first.
:rock Welcome to the forum first of all, secondly GET A SMALLER BIKE for the love of god!!!!! The biggest bike you should start with is a 600cc used beater, that way when you dump it you won't mind as much. Please be safe out there.

·
WahWahWeeWAH
2,405 Posts
Shrike said:
Been a while since someone pulled that prank .. it's not original anymore dude, it this the best you can do? :2bitchsla :D

/me votes for public IP in sig's :finger

*edit* But you obviously tricked a few :eek:wwn3d
are you implying that someone signed in with a different username and asked this question as a 'prank'? if so, why would anyone do a stupid thing like that? we get enough "serious" questions like this from newbies frequently enough.

·
Registered
633 Posts
ando11 said:
are you implying that someone signed in with a different username and asked this question as a 'prank'? if so, why would anyone do a stupid thing like that? we get enough "serious" questions like this from newbies frequently enough.
If you've been here long enough, you've seen it so many times that it got so irritating to see. So, people started doing this as a joke. True, you do see noobs asking this a lot, but rarely as their very first posts.
:eek:wwn3d

·
DAM! That was close!
237 Posts
your cousins name isn't Dr. Jack Kevorkian, is it? :confused:

·
WahWahWeeWAH
2,405 Posts
RexRR1 said:
If you've been here long enough, you've seen it so many times that it got so irritating to see. So, people started doing this as a joke. True, you do see noobs asking this a lot, but rarely as their very first posts.
:eek:wwn3d
that's what i mean. if we get it enough as it is, why irritate people who actually care even more than the newb's are already?

maybe this is one of those things that is supposed to be funny. guess i'm too immature to see the sense in it.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
aznJ said:
Here we go again!!nWhat are the statistics of new riders who get R1s and then crash a week later. Please take a course you have no idead how powerful this thing is!

·
Banned
208 Posts
yup my darwin have mercy on your soul :eek:

·
Can i bum $1
884 Posts
aznJ said:
Here's a different point of view: My first bike was and is an '03 R1. I had ridden a 250 exactly four times before getting on the R1. If you can get on a 250 to see how quick you learn then do it. R1 is an expensive bike to completely learn on. I had no trouble at all but I learned how to ride and shift within about 5 minutes.

So if you can pickup 'riding' quickly then get an R1 if you want, just be prepare for the rash of $hit you'll receive from just about every rider out there. After about a season, as long as you don't serious reck, they all start to back off. Just don't get cocky. Respect the bike and ride to YOUR limits. You are, after all, a statistic waiting to happen!!!

If this is a prank then I just wrote all this for anyone else who is knew.....or just for post whoring sake! :crash

·
You think you can keep up?!
652 Posts
aznJ said:
Yeah, get an R1. Perfect beginner bike. :thumbup

At least that's what my friends with Honda's a zooks say, :lol

seriously though, this joke is getting old. :rant

·
Una Caterva, Una Pugna
34,147 Posts
Don't listen to them, I think you should start out with a 'Busa.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts