Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Hooligan
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone noticed that even though the '02 R1 has some major changes, the world press appears to be ignoring it?

CBR954!!!!, Ducati 998!!!, GSXR Moviestar!!!, FireBolt!!!and that butt ugly VFR!!!. I know that the power to weight ratio says that it will be behind the GSXR1000, but even in its current state the R1 is still a better bike than the Gixxer1000. Its almost like its been written off already. SportRider has a headline on the new issue that said "All the 2002 Bikes". Yamaha wasn't even in there except for the two spreads of advertising. There is definately a long history of kissing Honda's ass, but Yamaha deserves a little consideration too.:butt

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
They know it's the best bike around.. why bother saying it a million times :D

I'll eat gixxers for breakfast as soon as winter breaks.

·
Hooligan
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny after posting that, I bought the new Motorcyclist. There is an editorial about this subject. From what they say, some manufacturers keep things close until the model hits the streets. This way there is a big splash in the media. Although, that Road Warrior seems to be everywhere for some reason.

(On my soap box) Most of the motorcycle media are about pushing products into the market and selling ads. Motorcycling is about riding and not about buying the newest hottest products on the market. In the winter, it is nice to be able to read magazines, but it would be better if they were more about riding and not just about buying. Before the flames start, I know these things because I publish magazines.

When the '02 R1 hits the road, the most important road test will be my own.

·
Registered
148 Posts
you said it dude I was baffled by sport rider, I except looking over and over that article looking for the R, the damn title is new bikes for 2002 , what is the new R1 ??????? More like where is the new R1????? I say we boycott SPORT RIDER all together !!!!!!!!!!

·
Hooligan
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you'll notice, SportRider publishes the same articles that Motorcyclist does in the prior month. They swap things back and forth. Too bad because they could both be great magazines.

I've really come to like the British magazines. Larger format and they obviously don't cater to their advertisers. If something sucks then that's what they print. They are pretty funny too. Not like the "I'm so much cooler than you are" uber-editors at the US magazines.

Forums like this one are so much better than the print media.:bash

·
Registered
43 Posts
Pissed off

Man im so tire of gsxr750 riders talking **** to me about how they can kick my as on my r1. My bike is in the shop now and there like 4 gsxr riders around my house i cant wait to shut these followers up

·
Registered
313 Posts
2002 yamaha r1

hey guys, im new to the forum. My 2002 r1 (silver is on its way). cant wait to spank the 750.:rock

:machinegu suzuki 750 or even 1000 for that matter.

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Welcome juttsr1 :hellobye

Spanking 750's is piece of cake :D

We want a full review of the '02 R1 with pictures and videos, ok? ;)

·
Registered
313 Posts
2002 dream machine

ill try and post a bunch of pics of my bike when i get it, im getting the first 2002 r1 in mass. I put my down payment of 1000 4 months ago and im dying. im picking it up in feb. in going to keep it in my walkin basement till nice weather come around. SWEDIE, what kind of pipe is that on your bike. Im going to get one like that when they come out with the new models.:eek: its nice...:eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts