Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of curiosity, what's the fork seal replacement interval for the LE's Ohlins front end? Any idea on the cost of the seals? My Ape has a 6K interval although the oil's good for 10K (Ohlins only). Apparently Gixxer K4 seals work but they're not low stiction but will last much longer. The genuine Ape parts are $$$ compared to what are apparently the same seals for the Duc Ohlins forks. Just wondering what the Le's seals are like and what they cost.

· 18x HP literbike killer
3,787 Posts
Out of curiosity, what's the fork seal replacement interval for the LE's Ohlins front end? Any idea on the cost of the seals? My Ape has a 6K interval although the oil's good for 10K (Ohlins only). Apparently Gixxer K4 seals work but they're not low stiction but will last much longer. The genuine Ape parts are $$$ compared to what are apparently the same seals for the Duc Ohlins forks. Just wondering what the Le's seals are like and what they cost.

I can tell you this, my K6 1000 seals went out at 1400 miles, and no wheelies, and i know alot of people with K3-K7 1000s, not 600 or 750s, that have leaky fork issues....I think its because of the black coating on the lower fork leg...

· Registered
102 Posts
the fork oil change interval is 6k miles (from the manual) on the ohlins of the ape.

my original ohlin seal never leaked but I changed them @ 20k miles.

otoh, my ktm with 750 miles over 4 years had a leaky seal. I believe its from sitting around for too long and sitting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.