Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an 06 R1 Raven. My question involves a little family competition. I was wondering what I would have to do to the bike to stay with/beat an 07 Busa with the following mods: -1 front, +2 back, full muzzy system and a PC. Got any suggestions?

·
Shamalama Dingdong
221 Posts
Are you talking going through canyons or a straight line?? In the canyons you should be able to kill him... in a straight line, I think he just has more power available to him than an R1.

·
No doot aboot it eh?
1,538 Posts
Big Bore kit
Turbo
NoS

I dunno, you need to do some serious power gains to stay with a busa with those mods, atleast in a straight line anyways.

·
My R1 eats yours
683 Posts
Race him in the 1/8th mile instead of a 1/4 mile. you'll beat him everytime. You can put your power down/ pound thru your gears better in a short distance where as after the 1/8 he'll spank your butt. i use to drag race 1000's all the time on my 600 in the 1/8th and would straight hand them there ass. made so much money off of that.

·
GODSPEED Chad
5,413 Posts
The best mod you can do to make your R1 take on a Busa is get both bikes to the Gap.:fact
I keep hearing that Busa's dont corner :dunno

·
Stay Fly 3-6Mafia
1,402 Posts
Make sure the guy riding it is a fatt azz. Power to weight ratio.

·
Registered
241 Posts
if your going to "try" to beat a busa in a straight line, my only suggestions to you to make your R1 be able to do it, is to install a heavily modded Busa engine in your bike!!!! LOL. To be honest, I dont think you will be able to ever really beat a busa in a straight line. You might be able to NOS it, but even that will only be temporary power. Just take him into some corners. Anyone can go fast in a straight line, but it all comes down to the rider in corners. I know guys on little 500's that would KILL alot of guys on 1000 or better bikes. Good luck.

·
me r1 to eats P***y
3,513 Posts
from a 40 mph roll i get my friend on a busa and another friend on a zx14 every time, and that is without hitting the liitle instant +40 hp button

now from a dead stop it would be tough because if the guy has even close to equall skills he will be able to launch the busa much harder, imo

my bike motor wise is pretty basic, full akro evo system with custom map made with a wide band commander, +2 teeth on the back thats it, besides the no2 that like i stated i dont have to use to beat them

·
Registered
79 Posts
Lower your bike and strap the front end down. The lower you can get it the better off you will be. AMA 1000 SS bikes run low 9.1's. Heck they used to run high 8's before the made them raise the bikes up another inch. Move your rear wheel as far back as possible with a longer chain. Otherwise, you will need a longer swingarm which will mess up the bike for corners. Learn how to launch your bike, 60 ft times are critical. If he is a better rider than you, give up, you're wasting your time.

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
practice... 1/8 is all about rider.. not so much machine.. and he has advantage.. his has TQ and longer wheelbase... so get $20 strap.. and practice.. also drop tooth on front. dragracing is rider skill and weight game.. seen stock bikes outrun stretched busa and such... all about rider and skills. all i can say is practice.

·
I Can Has Wheelie?
11,996 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.