Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok so heres the deal. typicaly im in the dirt doing hillclimbs, and i want an open class bike competetive with everyone else...so why not an r1??? my buddy is going to give me one for 1500 bucks. im going to swap the forks for some dirt forks, and buy some extensions and get the whole thing set up to run dirt. but i know im going to run into a lot of problems, like i want to remove the radiator and just run a loop with the coolant that is in their, any problems with that such as colant temp? i know there are a lot of sensors on these bikes (01) but which ones can i get away with just cutting off. fuel tank, fairings, seats,bars, controls, gone! if i can figure out how to start this thing with an external starter i would like to do that to get rid of the battery and the starter. but then am i going to run into problems with the ecu? exhaust... gone, just headers, no power valve, its going to need to be rejetted with the help of a dyno. yes i understand there is going to be alot of custom fabricating, but i dont have the money for a custom frame so im going with what i got for now. idealy, i want this bike as light as possible and running smooth. also, im going to be running this bike at about a 60 degree angle wide open, are the carbs going to hold the fuel or run dry half way up the hill? any help you guys can give me would be great thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.