Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
R1, "One Hell of an Addiction"
14,032 Posts
Congrats. Let's see some pics

Flash the ecu and do a gearing change, then you will def get to experience what the R1 was meant to do. :)
The gearing change was unreal. The best mod for the money other braided steel brake lines. I rode my 06 for 7 years and thought the stock gearing was perfect. After reading a countless amount of threads on how people loved the gearing change I made the change. Feels like a different bike!!

OP: Nice write up, enjoy the bike!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
The gearing change was unreal. The best mod for the money other braided steel brake lines. I rode my 06 for 7 years and thought the stock gearing was perfect. After reading a countless amount of threads on how people loved the gearing change I made the change. Feels like a different bike!!

OP: Nice write up, enjoy the bike!!!

What was the gearing change? 1- in the front and 2+ in the back?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,287 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
nice write up. I recently rode a crossplane and let me just say i fell in love. I also rode an 07 r1 but let me just say the roar of the crossplane cant be described in words. both good bikes and now looking to purchase an 09+ r1 over the winter

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
What was the gearing change? 1- in the front and 2+ in the back?
Yeah, feel free to spill bud, very curious; currently researching it:

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7040826&postcount=13

nice write up. I recently rode a crossplane and let me just say i fell in love. I also rode an 07 r1 but let me just say the roar of the crossplane cant be described in words. both good bikes and now looking to purchase an 09+ r1 over the winter
Cheers :) Never rode a crossplane, might take one out for a spin next season. I'm a big fan of a generic L4 sound myself, just drinking it in after 2 years on a V2 :boobies

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
16 Participants
Skyvo
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing