Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Asking input for a new bike.
I know both bikes are very capable and will exceed my abilities.
I ride an '88 Hurricane CBR1000F for long trips, which I'll keep and I'm 6'2" and 220lbs.
Ergonomics for both I know is tight, but which one is less crunched or hurt less on a long trip???
Thanks in advance for your responses.

·
I ride a zx-10.
191 Posts
I havent ridden the CBR100RR, but i sat on it. I didnt really like it, which surprised me cause usually i like the Honda ergo's. Everything seemed kind of half assed on it also (with regard to the controls, indicators and bars). IMO the R1 is more comfy. But then again im 5'9" at 175lbs so our size differs a bit.

·
Akrapovic xplane
6,024 Posts
All sport bikes are designed for long rides. You need to go to the dealer and sit on each model feel it out.

·
My bikes keep me sane.
5,272 Posts
===>R1<=== said:
All sport bikes are designed for long rides. You need to go to the dealer and sit on each model feel it out.
:iamwithst

I've ridden a CBR1000RR and it felt quite a bit different than my R1. The seat was hard, and the riding position was more like I was on top of the bike--rather than being in the bike.

Go check them both out thoroughly at a dealer and see how each fits you.

As far as performance, quality, and styling--both are so damn close.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Obviously most on this site will say the R1 is the way to go, but have you considered a Hayabusa or ZX-12? these bike have a suprisingly more comfortable riding position, not quite sport tourer comfort, but definitely easier on the wrists and spine and plenty of power.

·
LIFE IS SHORT
12,690 Posts
Honda makes an excellent bike, just a bit chunky
It also seems a bit 2 refined, not raw enough where it should be
Fit/finish is second to none

go to a stealership & kick the tires
the bike will let you know which one to pick

·
My R1 Rox0rs!
22 Posts
Basically if you going to be doing long journeys you would be better to go for the Honda Blackbird, obviously the R1 and 900RR are great bikes, but would they suit you on touring?

Classic case of try before you buy :dunno

·
L'GO MY EGGO
2016 Victory Magnum, 2015 KTM 1290 SA
3,050 Posts
redbaron2 said:
Asking input for a new bike.
I know both bikes are very capable and will exceed my abilities.
I ride an '88 Hurricane CBR1000F for long trips, which I'll keep and I'm 6'2" and 220lbs.
Ergonomics for both I know is tight, but which one is less crunched or hurt less on a long trip???
Thanks in advance for your responses.

My R1 was the most comforatable bike I've ever owned and we are exactly the same size, we used to do 350-400km sunday rides know problem.

·
CURVE
2,417 Posts
you're really gonna have to see for yourself at a dealer.
cbr puts you over the front. r1 seems more comfy. i could adjust to any bike..it's gonna come down to your own preference. no one here can sell you on any bike. i guess keep in mind what we all say...but see for yourself.
good luck

·
Don't Piss Off An R1
236 Posts
My old college roommate just bought a 05 CBR1000RR a week before I bought my 05 R1. His bike is more bulkily and rides that way too. His seat is harder also. The r1's seat is narrower and allot of people complain about the heat the r1 puts out too. I don't mine it. But you should go sit on both and even take a test drive if you can pull it off. The two bikes ride completely differently. So your going to have to figure this out on your own.

·
Just ride
286 Posts
havent been on the 1000rr but if its anything like the 600rr go with the 1

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.