Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
07 Heaven
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people! Does anyone know of anywhere that makes/sells custom R1 pillion back rests? Like, has anyone ever even seen this before? I can't even find a picture of one on the Net. Sure, I know the R1 is all about the solo rider, but I would love to have someone on the back to share the experience with me. If anyone has any ideas or pics please contact me, or reply to this post. All that is needed is just a small attachment to give support to the lower back of my passenger. I have looked at grab rails but would rather a back rest. Any ideas???

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Maybe hotbodiesracing could make something like this???

I know what you mean and I do think it is possible. You need to fit it on the rear peg holders and then under.. well. I'm sure it can be done.

Why, you think the R1's passenger seat is a bit too extreme? ;)

·
07 Heaven
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeh I have a friend at work with a gear rack on the back of his R1 .. kind of looks messy though. Sure, use some imagination however and you might get something that looks good too. I am surprised someone hasn't invented one and made a small fortune yet. Ultimately it should be detachable, neat, small, and dawn the bike color scheme. Thanks for your replies Swedie, I'm going back to the drawing board .. :cryin

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Hmm! There gotta be something that you can make that also looks good. Not like something you make with glue and umh.. something...

Why not take this seriously and patent a sweet looking resting chair for sport bikes? I'm pretty sure it could mean a lot of cash for you..

Oh wait. nevermind .. ... . I'll do it myself :D j/k. I ain't got the material or the right contacts. :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts