Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
...Ready
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any luck swapping the rear wheel from a 2015-2017 r1S and put it on the same gen r1? Looks like the sprocket carrier is a different size completely, along with the little rubber cush drives. The way I see it you would have to buy the carrier, cush drives, sprocket nuts and bolts and a new sprocket in order to do the change.

I also found the wheel is the same from the new FZ1 and the r1S. Looking to see if maybe someone tried different configurations from previous generations.

Thanks

·
MonkeyMan #413
226 Posts
Yes - you're on the right track. The rims can definitely be swapped over but the rear sprocket, drive etc. are different.

I was able to source a set of R1S rims for my race bike for rain setup and it's worked out well. Note that changing over to 520 pitch you can order the previous generation R1 sprockets for the R1S rim and it will fit (I've done it).

Although for some reason the thread I started isn't showing up in the General section it can be found in search and I'm linking here:

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/361-yamaha-yzf-r1-r1m-general-discussion/614041-r1s-rear-sprocket-replacement.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts