Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Which Place and Date for first forum trackday this year?

• VIR SOUTH March 11-12 and North 13th (Sat.-Monday)

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • Road Atlanta April 14-15th (Friday/Saturday)

Votes: 6 24.0%
1 - 20 of 2930 Posts

·
DAMN YOU SHANE
14,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Talked to Team Promotion today

Nesba is going to be doing this for us. All updates will be here on the first page!!!!

JUST OVER A WEEK NOW!!!!!!!
looks like b group is full for saturday

www.nesba.com UPDATE!!!!!

https://www.nesba.com/User/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/memberservices/trackevents.aspx

.Janurary 1st-8th is our sign up timeframe

Click on the above link ON JANANUARY 1ST and join Nesba or Renew your current membership...you will receive a $25 credit that will show up on JANUARY 3RD that is good for any trackdays or merchandise through Nesba...Once the account is created you will need to click on the "member registration" button on the left hand side, and follow the instructions.

If there are problems they can email [email protected] or call 877-AT-NESBA

ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get ready to sign up for Road Altanta weekend!!!! We will have one week for just the R1 Forum and R6 Forum to sign up before it is open to the public!!! And trust me, when it does Road Atlanta will sell out:fact I got the email from Nesba and it says it will be the first week of the membership drive which begins January 1st. So you better be ready to reserve a spot one day or both days that week! We can fill up as many Forum members as we can get before they open it up to everyone.

Disclaimer: This is NOT an Official R1/R6 Forum Sponsored trackday. You will have to join Nesba if you are not a member and sign Waivers through Nesba. THis is a normally run Nesba organized trackday catered to the R1 and R6 Forums.

head count so far in intrested

New List
southern118-saturday april 15th only---signed up
gawarrior-saturday april 15th only--signed up
GapRider-saturday april 15th only---signed up
312R1- saturday april 15th only----signed up
plimmer - saturday april 15th only----signed up
vman1300 - saturday april 15th only---signed up
GPD270 -- Saturday--signed up
Finsl Saturday---signed up
SteelR1 - Sat for----signed up
bigdogmike-Sat only--signed up
BKR1-sat only---signed up
slomac-sat only
Are1OneWheel--both days
luckz8814--saturday

litreater
vrooomr6 - both day---signed up
rbbr-sd-dwn SIGNED UP both days
BlueAreWun-both days--signed up
GXRKLR-saturday--signed up
Crazycat-saturday---signed up
Skeeter--saturday---signed up
.06dragons--saturday---signed up
ransomkj---both days
liquid--saturday from the R6 Forum
SVTLightning--signed up R6 Forum saturday only
battle1+1---signed up R6 Forum saturday
tln240---signed up saturday
Randal03R1+1 signed up both days
Size9

Please inform gawarrior or souther118 if you want to be on the list but all registration will be through Nesba. This is just a list for ourselves to know who is going.

·
GODSPEED Chad
5,413 Posts
I would be in for it, but only on the weekend. I know that would carry a higher entry fee, but we should get more people to sign up.

8,710 Posts
I'm going to VIR on the 13th and 14th of November with TPM. I think this is a good idea, especially on the wknd. I have done Pocono East, Fusa, Mosport and will complete the North and Patriot course shortly.

If we decide to do a forum trackday, what track would you choose? I think Summit point is a good start. It's roughly the same distance from the southern states as it is to the northern states. Plus its an awesome track I haven't been to yet. Keep me updated!!!!

Thanks, Ruben

·
DAMN YOU SHANE
14,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
YEA Weekend is my only hope next year between my cruise and teh convention i will be out of vacation time but will love to do it just need some heads up if yall are willing. they are a great company that i have dealt with and i like how they have stuff set up at the track

·
DAMN YOU SHANE
14,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
honestly looking at VIR as the track day. it is sort of in the middle and we coudl all meet up. it would be next year before we could do it. we have been trying to get chad and soem other people up to vir this woudl be away. maybe even talk shane into it :)

·
DAMN YOU SHANE
14,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I DONT KNOW BUT VIR IS 12 SUMMIT IS EVEN FARTHER.. IF I GET IT TOGETHER IT WILL BE AT VIR sorry caps at work. the one main reason is to get me chad and kevin up that way. i will get to wrok on it alittle more after RA november 19. VIR is such a smooth track and be easy for some of us to get there. sorry ifyou dont like it but that is where i will try and get it organized at

8,710 Posts
southern118 said:
I DONT KNOW BUT VIR IS 12 SUMMIT IS EVEN FARTHER.. IF I GET IT TOGETHER IT WILL BE AT VIR sorry caps at work. the one main reason is to get me chad and kevin up that way. i will get to wrok on it alittle more after RA november 19. VIR is such a smooth track and be easy for some of us to get there. sorry ifyou dont like it but that is where i will try and get it organized at
It's not that I dont like it, why else would I be going there in 2 weeks. Just hear me out, if were gonna drive 8 hrs to do a trackday, i'd like to do 2 trackdays then, not just one. An 8hr haul for one trackday is a waste of time and money in my opinion. Thats why I mentioned Summit Point since it's closer.....get us 2 days at VIR and i'm in, get me one day at Summit and i'm also in. Am I making sense?

Thanks, Ruben

·
DAMN YOU SHANE
14,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW FAR SUMMIT IS FROM US DOWN HERE :) THEY WOUDL HAVE TO GIVE ME LIKE 5 TO GO THAT FAR NROTH

·
DAMN YOU SHANE
14,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I DONT KNOW IF I CAN PULL THAT ONE OFF I WILL SEE I JSUT REALLY HAVE TO SEE WHAT KIND OF INTREST WE HAVE IN IT AND ALSO HOW MUCH I WOUDL TRAVEL 12 HOURS TO RIDE WITH MY BUDDIES FOR 8HOURS.

·
Convention main man
13,730 Posts
How about Road Atlanta or Barber? Two really awesome tracks and pretty centrally located for the folks in the southeast and the weather is nice and warm down here too!!

8,710 Posts
gawarrior said:
How about Road Atlanta or Barber? Two really awesome tracks and pretty centrally located for the folks in the southeast and the weather is nice and warm down here too!!
Road Atlanta is FARRRRRRRRRRR.....so is Barber. I dont mind the long haul just get two track days set up. I know I speak for allot of members when I say they wont drive 8-14 hrs for just one track day. I know I wont....unless it's Summit.

·
Convention main man
13,730 Posts
[email protected]@alltimes said:
Road Atlanta is FARRRRRRRRRRR.....so is Barber. I dont mind the long haul just get two track days set up. I know I speak for allot of members when I say they wont drive 8-14 hrs for just one track day. I know I wont....unless it's Summit.
That is completely understandable:yesnod

8,710 Posts
gawarrior said:
That is completely understandable:yesnod
Glad we agree. Now the other thing I forgot to mention is TPM doesnt do Road Atlanta or Barber, but NESBA does. So, I guess thats outta the question. I wanna do Road Atlanta next yr for sure, along with Mt treamblnt (sp) in Canada.....man I need another job just to pay for these damn track days!!!

·
DAMN YOU SHANE
14,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
damn team promotion for giving a track day to me and now im hooked. but remember if you want us to drive to summit you ar talking 15 to 18 hours min. but i will see waht i can do about geting a vir for a saturday sunday

8,710 Posts
southern118 said:
damn team promotion for giving a track day to me and now im hooked. but remember if you want us to drive to summit you ar talking 15 to 18 hours min. but i will see waht i can do about geting a vir for a saturday sunday
Holy smokes, thats a drive all right. But seriously, i'm not as concerned with the drive as opposed to getting track time. If I were you, and I was driving over 8hrs, I would wanna do 2 trackdays, whether its summit, VIR, valencia, whatever. Think of the gas and other expenses, you owe it to yourself to do 2 trackdays.....:rock

·
DAMN YOU SHANE
14,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
like i said i will see what i can do but before i do anything i need a good head count to see wht cost woul be per person and what it would be total.

1 - 20 of 2930 Posts