Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Banned
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
No more track with her this time, I promise. :)

Ended up bleeding the brakes at 2am on Friday....8 hours before I loaded it into the truck, and took her off to the Long Beach Cycle World show. Talk about cutting it close.

Still haven't filled the radiator or gas tank yet....but might do it today. I'm watching the kids...so chances are slim. All the electronics work and she cranked over...so that's at least one battle out of the way.

Four days at 60 degrees, and no sweating Ron....:jump

If anyone wants more specific pictures of something, please let me know.

Enjoy. ;)

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,068 Posts
Four days at 60 degrees, and no sweating Ron....:jump

If anyone wants more specific pictures of something, please let me know.

Enjoy. ;)

absofookinlutely gorgeous . . . looks like it could have just rolled out of a transport at press release :bow

I've always had better luck with the tube & plug not sweating vs. the tubing and a reservoir . . . don't ask me why :dundun:

·
Come Ride With Me...
1,059 Posts
Wassup, firehawk??? Long time, no hear... how have you been??? Bike looks great!

·
Banned
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thank you everyone. Deciding to rebuild was a hard decision, and the work was a pain in the ass, but I'm happy I did it now. I gotta say...when the bodywork wasn't fitting up, the "race head" was a wash, and the forks ended up being bent, I really had to do some soul searching and second-guessing of myself. I basically bought a 2008 R1 putting her back together....but I did a lot of things the second time that I didn't do the first time. Much happier with the final product this time. There's still things that I'd love to have, but I'm calling it quits at this point. No more mods. I have a 2 and 4 year old that need to go to school at some point, and this was my last big project. The kids have to be my next project.

Anyone that wants to donate a Harris R7 frame and swingarm kit, gas-charged Ohlins forks and "real" Brembo monos, please let me know...:lol

By the way...is there anyone that thinks I should start building bikes? I'd sure LOVE to do this with someone else's money next time....:sneaky

·
Racing is everything
2,539 Posts
Bravo - a work of art. :bow

·
Banned
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very nice, who painted it for you?
Brad at Speed Zone in El Cajon. www.speedzonepaint.com

Can't recommend him enough. Got it done in two weeks, and the clearcoat is DEEP. Fantastic work. Cost an arm and a leg, but I also had MANY details that a normal paint job wouldn't have. Nice to have all the decals clearcoated this time.

·
performance first
2,940 Posts
Sweet warn blur that you can see the titanium axles and swingarm pivot. Looks better than the original.:)

·
Banned
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.