Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Out of place adventure rider
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay, after many inquiries I've decided to sell the luggage racks off the R1. The top rack can be used separately from the side racks. The entire set up comes off in 5 minutes for those days you want to hit the twisties. The Givi E21 side cases lock on and off the bike with a key, they are completely waterproof. This set-up is extremely strong and can easily hold 105+ lbs. I used this set up for touring and put over 10,000 miles on it. I don't know what I ever did without them, quick and easy for the morning commute, very secure and don't have to worry about someone stealing your stuff off the bike, the wife has a grab rail when riding on back ( having the luggage on doesn't affect the ability to ride a passenger). Anyhow, these are well used and both the racks and luggage have a few scratches here and there. I was going to powder coat them but never got around to it, and it wouldn't hurt to give them a coat of paint over the winter, although they are fine the way they are. The top rack has the holes drilled in it to mount the side racks.

Check out the picts...$350 plus actual shipping costs. Firm.

Attachments

·
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
more picts...

Attachments

·
2,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have had about 15 emails about them....I was going to PM Ian and see if he would be interested in using mine as a pattern and producing some for all the folks who want them.....I can't say enough about them, its so nice to have watertight, secure luggage.
I bought a Rentec top rack, and I bought the Givi side racks for an FZ1, then the rest was custom made to get the racks to fit. It was a ton of work, alot of trail and error. The compound angles of the R1 make it a task to get them to fit proper and still look decent.

·
Founder R.A.T 101
387 Posts
Just thought I would show a rack I made because of this post. :thumbup
:thumbup sell it to me...please.Or ill have to build my own with scotch tape and 2x4s
Then Ill put R1 forum made by redmakah all over my bike LOL

·
This thing kicks my ass!
4 Posts
All you need is 1/2" Rigid tubing bender, Miller tig, and 2024 surplus aluminum from Boeing. I think you would be able to make it out of a thick walled 6000 series, but I don't know. I would have to build another one out of that material to find out. Thin walled steel would work also, and if you had a little mig you could do it yourself.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.