Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to fit a R1 into the back of a station wagon. Anyone know if this is even possible? I've got a Subaru Outback. I don't plan to use my bike as a daily commute vehicle but soemthing I can bring around and have some fun with. I want to be able to bring my bike to my school's parking lot and practice doing stuff. I don't feel ready to take on the street yet. I'm not afraid to fall over or crash. I just don't want to put any scratches on my bike. So anyone know if this is possible? or possibly take off the two tires? will it fit then?

·
Off Topic mod
11,217 Posts
Put a comforter in the car and put the bike on its side the slide her in ;)

·
Banned
219 Posts
That's what Boxing21 used to have to do with his ex-cow, I mean girlfriend. :lol

You know I'm just bustin your balls bro :p

·
Track Junkie
4,774 Posts
jmstacked said:
That's what Boxing21 used to have to do with his ex-cow, I mean girlfriend. :lol

You know I'm just bustin your balls bro :p
By the end of our relationship I had to lug the fat biotch around town with a U-haul. Good thing she left me....I was going broke trying to feed the ho.

Oh yeah...and if you get that R-1 to fit in the back of a sation wagon.....I wanna see some pics. :fact

·
Forum Moderator
3,957 Posts
shoulda bought a scooter... :thumbup

do you have a license? if yes.. tuck the ballz in and ride her to the parking lot.. also BUY FRAME SLIDERS!.. from the sound of it.. you may have a few tip overz

·
Registered
142 Posts
You are gonna spend too much time taking off the wheels and trying to fit the damn thing in the back of a wagon. By the time you are done, you ain't gonna have the strength to ride.

Like TidBit said...... Ride It!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
15,355 Posts
LaZy4zNbOi said:
Hey I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to fit a R1 into the back of a station wagon. Anyone know if this is even possible? I've got a Subaru Outback. I don't plan to use my bike as a daily commute vehicle but soemthing I can bring around and have some fun with. I want to be able to bring my bike to my school's parking lot and practice doing stuff. I don't feel ready to take on the street yet. I'm not afraid to fall over or crash. I just don't want to put any scratches on my bike. So anyone know if this is possible? or possibly take off the two tires? will it fit then?
Please don't take this the wrong way, but your a RETARD. Take a motocycle training class and just ride the fricken bike.

Here's your Subaru Outback :2bitchsla for you trying to get an R1 in her.

It's like Shaq trying to bone down on a midget, IT ain't gonna happen.......

And if you can do it BY YOURSELF without spending more than 1 hour to make it fit, I'll give you $500..... No shiot :thumbup

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have considered the trailer idea... putting ontop of the car wasn't something I had in mind. Can someone please measure for me the dimensions? I don't have an R1 right now. I plan to get one soon. I appreciate if someone could get me these numbers.

·
Keep it between 10k and 15k
1,086 Posts
LaZy4zNbOi said:
Your ideas are about as good as any of his -->
...stop smoking the
and start with a fresh sheet of paper and:
1. Take a MSF Course
2. Don't buy an R1, buy a small bike like a 250
3. Keep it out of your station wagon
4. Ride it around your neighborhood and around town and get familiar with riding a motorcycle.
5. After you have 7,500 miles under your belt and you have felt you have mastered your 250, then go and get an R1.
You can't just wake up one day and decide to buy a R1 and try to learn in a parking lot, its just not gonna be pretty and you and your bike will get scaved.

·
Young at heart
2,807 Posts
I know R1's are light but if you can lift it into the back of your wagon I'll call you mister from now on. Like someone said get a trailer if you have to do it that way. And like someone else said learn to ride it or a smaller bike.

·
flipper
1,279 Posts
I asked this same question a while back as I've got a van that I use as a car for trips to the supemarket as wellas to transport my bike to track days etc. Anyway my fiancee hates the van refuses to travel in it or park it outside her house and has demanded that I get a more conventional vehicle. I looked at various 4x4 SUV's before deciding to go the people carrier route as I could not find an SUV big enough. I've managed to stall her for about 6 months though I'm now probably going to hve to buy a Grand voyager. Or maybe I should look for another girl!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts